To many visa on arrival?

i have had 3 VOE within a year will it be ok to get another in 1 year

I came last December for 1 month  I came again in February for nearly 2 months I came back in mid June till now I want to go to get another VOE so I can stay till the end of September

Will I have any trouble getting back in to Thailand

Edited by offset

Do you have any prior history of being in Thailand before these 3 visa exempt entries?

It could be a determining factor. 

And yes, you may get in trouble if you land in Bangkok or Phuket. I would do a border bounce if you still have some left for this year (can do 2 per year).

2 minutes ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

Do you have any prior history of being in Thailand before these 3 visa exempt entries?

It could be a determining factor. 

And yes, you may get in trouble if you land in Bangkok or Phuket. I would do a border bounce if you still have some left for this year (can do 2 per year).

Already done 2 since January 

If you entered on a visa purchased at the visa on arrival desk (rather than entering without a visa) there are no explicit restrictions on how many you can have. However, since these only give you a 15-day permission to stay, and cannot be extended, you are better off getting tourist visas in advance.

18 minutes ago, offset said:

Sorry VOE

Explain how you entered Thailand.

Visa exempt sometimes referred to visa waiver.

Or Visa on Arrival.

Assuming you entered visa exempt then with your travel pattern you could obtain as many visa exempt entry via air as often as you like.

It's the time spent out of Thailand between visits to Thailand that's important.

Folk can run into trouble with too many  consecutive back to back entries

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Explain how you entered Thailand.

Visa exempt sometimes referred to visa waiver.

Or Visa on Arrival.

Assuming you entered visa exempt then with your travel pattern you could obtain as many visa exempt entry via air as often as you like.

It's the time spent out of Thailand between visits to Thailand that's important.

Folk can run into trouble with too many  consecutive back to back entries

I am from Luxenberg and just arrive at the immigration with no Visa and get a 30 day stamp which on the last one i extended at the Immigration in Thailand

10 minutes ago, offset said:

I am from Luxenberg and just arrive at the immigration with no Visa and get a 30 day stamp which on the last one i extended at the Immigration in Thailand

You are flying in and out with multiple month gaps in between most visits. Nobody can give you a 100% guarantee but I doubt you will have any problem flying in again to get another visa exempt. At worst, they might question why you are spending so much time in Thailand but they are unlikely to think you are illegally working due to the month long gaps between previous visits.

Entry by land border is limited to 2 a year but there is no "set" limit for entries by air. That's at the immigration officer's discretion.

Edited by Ohyesuare
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, offset said:

OK ... for the future, you use visa exempt entry. Each visa exempt entry can be extended for a further 30 days at Immigration. If doing a border bounce by land, you are restricted to two visa exempt entries per calendar year. By air, there is no explicit limit on the number of visa exempt entries that are possible, but you can be denied if (at the sole discretion of the official) it is considered that you are using such entries inappropriately. This is more likely if you stay very long periods, or use back-to-back visa exempt entries with little or no time in between.

• Thumbs Up 1