Brit left with one leg shorter than other after botched surgery in Thailand

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

It's probably cheaper to have 3cm taken off the other leg. Even him up a bit. 

It's just over an inch (2.54 cm), so not really a big deal. I'm probably that much shorter on one side and a lot of people are lopsided. It's not so easy to measure due to hip misalignment.

A surgeon, regardless of his country of origin, can only work with what the accident leaves.

I had a serious injury to my left leg in my 20s. It took two years to recover and left me with the leg 1/2 inch shorter than the other.

Still managed to recover, regain my fitness and stay in the Army for a further 20 odd years.

I still walked with a limp.

Now, in my mid sixties, a badly crippled right foot as a result of a recent injury means any walking is difficult. But on the plus side, it balances out the limp.

In both cases the surgeons, British military or Thai civilians did the best they could with what the injuries left them.

28 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Correct, I had to sign a disclaimer before they would undertake an emergency operation. they probably have a zillion get-out clauses. 

Ive had 2 surgeries this year, both times had to sign some paperwork.

Is this just a Thailand thing ?.... I assumed it was common(ish) world over.

17 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Ive had 2 surgeries this year, both times had to sign some paperwork.

Is this just a Thailand thing ?.... I assumed it was common(ish) world over.

It is, and saves them from lawsuits.   They have to inform you of every possible thing that could go wrong, even though very minimal chance it will.

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

It is, and saves them from lawsuits.   They have to inform you of every possible thing that could go wrong, even though very minimal chance it will.

my first operation this year was my first ever.

I asked the surgeon how long under the knife and how serious was it.

Replied surgery will take 6hrs and the procedure is life threatening..... scared the fak outta me....

Woke up 2 days later, procedure was routine with no complications.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

my first operation this year was my first ever.

I asked the surgeon how long under the knife and how serious was it.

Replied surgery will take 6hrs and the procedure is life threatening..... scared the fak outta me....

Woke up 2 days later, procedure was routine with no complications.

Yea, they scare the hell out of you, when signing that stuff.  They gave me a shot of something, feeling good, then says sign this ... honey, what's it say ... complications including death ????

I'm making a vid on my phone, saying bye to daughter, and I'm wheeled in for the procedure, awake the whole time, and took all of 11 minutes.  About as routine as routine can be.

Are you trying to give me a heart attack ... ????

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1

WHY? am i not surpriced about this?

after being diagnosed with prostate cancer in thai hospital and charged 100000 bht to take it all out

i went back to Europe before this happend because of covid

and went to AVL in Amsterdam (1 of europe best cancer hospitals) and diagnosed harmless 

so covid did something positive for once and saved my sexual appetite

was this greed or envy because of dick size?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, parafareno said:

i mean why he does not wear these during the fight? Bespoke shoes for leg length differences - Bill Bird Shoes

You may think that is funny? Have you ever had to  walk in surgical footwear? It ain't funny, I can vouch for that.

• Haha 1

GFM to carry on knocking the #hit out each other in the ring,  that doesn’t sound right.

A few months ago I was taken out by an idiot doing a sudden U-turn. He takes no blame, it’s all my fault. As well as injuries, 50k damage to my bike. I’ll start a GFM for the bike repairs.