Using cardless cash withdrawals at the ATM with a smartphone app

Hi All !

Can you use the cardless cash withdrawal at an ATM machine  which in not your bank?  .  I know you can use your bank card in other banks ATM . just wondering if your banking phone app works this way too .   And can you use cardless withdrawals at ATM's whilst abroad too?.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, banglay said:

Hi All !

Can you use the cardless cash withdrawal at an ATM machine  which in not your bank?  .  I know you can use your bank card in other banks ATM . just wondering if your banking phone app works this way too .   And can you use cardless withdrawals at ATM's whilst abroad too?.

No

and 

no unfortunately 

Cards work but not the Qr Codes (card-less withdrawal)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

According to this AN thread about cardless withdrawls, someone posted they were able to do a cardless w/d at a different bank's ATM.

Towards to bottom of page 1;

"I have used my BKB app for cardless withdrawal from a KTB ATM."

18 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

cash works just fine for me , as it has since its invention...

whats in my pocket is what i budget for the day..done and done

And if it runs out, you can nip to the ATM with either your card or phone.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, bbko said:

According to this AN thread about cardless withdrawls, someone posted they were able to do a cardless w/d at a different bank's ATM.

Towards to bottom of page 1;

"I have used my BKB app for cardless withdrawal from a KTB ATM."

Oke. I HAVE tried BBL app with SCB atm and failed (could not withdraw) because it wants to get a code from SCB send to your SCB app. 

edit: must say this is already a while ago and have not tried since. Will try tmrw again and report back. 

Edited by MJCM

1 minute ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

yep   i allow 500bt a day budget but rarely use it all....lucky to have a bank so no atm fees!

I don't pay any ATM fees if I use my card in my province. Otherwise it is Bht 10 a throw, plus Bht 200 a YEAR.

Just now, Sticky Rice Balls said:

i dont use my phone for money matters....

And I, and thousands more, do quite successfully.

OK, there are a few that get scammed or ripped off, but many times it is Operator Error.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I don't pay any ATM fees if I use my card in my province. Otherwise it is Bht 10 a throw, plus Bht 200 a YEAR.

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

And I, and thousands more, do quite successfully.

OK, there are a few that get scammed or ripped off, but many times it is Operator Error.

just not my thing  im old school

• Sad 2

20 hours ago, MJCM said:

edit: must say this is already a while ago and have not tried since. Will try tmrw again and report back. 

I tried again in a SCB atm with my BBL app, and could not get past the first screen. Unfortunately it was very busy in the branch so I could not ask.

On 8/10/2023 at 4:46 PM, Ohyesuare said:

Who asked and who cares? The topic is about: Using cardless cash withdrawals at the ATM with a smartphone app. 

Greetings Friend..allow me to assist.....hover arrow over my avatar..select IGNORE..check all boxes

Thanks for sharing and have a super weekend! ????

15 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Greetings Friend..allow me to assist.....hover arrow over my avatar..select IGNORE..check all boxes

Thanks for sharing and have a super weekend! ????

I'm aware of that very necessary button on this forum but appreciate the tip and also that you're at least self aware enough to realize the correct action to your off topic, unhelpful and inane comments in this thread. Although I honestly shouldn't expect any less from someone who self admittedly rarely spends their 500 baht daily budget and needs something to do to pass the days until they expire.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

I'm aware of that very necessary button on this forum but appreciate the tip and also that you're at least self aware enough to realize the correct action to your off topic, unhelpful and inane comments in this thread. Although I honestly shouldn't expect any less from someone who self admittedly rarely spends their 500 baht daily budget and needs something to do to pass the days until they expire.

so you would rather waste your time and energy then taking my suggestion into action..ok

glutton for punishment i guess but as they say Up to you...Ill take the lead on the ignore button

• Sad 2