Help with extension of stay (marriage)

Hello.

I wonder if someone could help with some useful suggestions to my problem.

I have a Non O multi entry visa which will expire on the 19th of August. My intention is to apply for an extension to stay based on marriage. I had this last time, but it expired while I was abroard so I came back on the multi entry visa..

My problem is that the 400,000 required in the bank was transfered from abroard late and was only placed into my Thai bank account on the 21st July. That was  totaly my fault.

My questions are.

1. I live in Chiang Rai, could I go to Mae sai, exit Thailand and return without a visa for 30 days?. Could I do this twice while my money seasons. This would then allow 21 days to complete a new extension to stay. Is that enough time.

2. I could travel to Penang and get a 90 day single entry visa based on marriage. then convert this in Thailand after 2 months. Dose the money have to be seasoned for 2 months for this option ?.

Dose anyone have any recent experience at Penang. I did read some time ago they only take the first 100 applications a day. Or do you have to book an appointment first now.

Thanks for any constructive advice.

Forget Penang.

Why not do a border bounce and reenter visa exempt.

Attend immigration and obtain non O based on marriage.

That requires 400b in Thai bank account on day of application.

That gives a 90 day stamp.

In the last 30 days apply for extension.

When you state....

"I have a Non O multi entry visa which will expire on the 19th of August" 

I assume you mean that your current permission of stay expires. 

The ME non O expired when

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/11/2023 at 2:12 PM, DrJack54 said:

Forget Penang.

Why not do a border bounce and reenter visa exempt.

Attend immigration and obtain non O based on marriage.

That requires 400b in Thai bank account on day of application.

That gives a 90 day stamp.

In the last 30 days apply for extension.

When you state....

"I have a Non O multi entry visa which will expire on the 19th of August" 

I assume you mean that your current permission of stay expires. 

The ME non O expired when

Is Penang really that bad nowadays? I'd rather wait in Penang for a day or two for a Chulia Street agent to sort stuff out and taxi you back and forth from the consulate then spending a day trying to acquire a 3 month non-O based on marriage here.   Jim's visa agency is closed last I heard, but the agent opposite has done my visa before (stardust I think it was called, small guesthouse), if that's not open just ask any farangs lurking around Chulia which one they used.

5 hours ago, circa02 said:

Is Penang really that bad nowadays? I'd rather wait in Penang for a day or two for a Chulia Street agent to sort stuff out and taxi you back and forth from the consulate then spending a day trying to acquire a 3 month non-O based on marriage here.   Jim's visa agency is closed last I heard, but the agent opposite has done my visa before (stardust I think it was called, small guesthouse), if that's not open just ask any farangs lurking around Chulia which one they used.

I think the agents are mostly gone. You must queue yourself outside the consulate well before they open. They only accept a limited number of applications per day. You cannot just waltz up at 9:30 am and expect to be able to apply that day, unless you are extremely lucky.