My life in drinks - Rod Stewart: The rock legend, 78, speaks about the desire to perform inebriated

Social Media

image.png

We didn’t drink much water when I was a child. It was either Tizer or milk. I’m an old fella now but when I was at school, everyone would have half a bottle of milk. Sometimes it was off and it was awful, especially in the summer when it was left outside.

When I was 16 I got very sick on whisky and my dad gave me a thump around the head. I’d been in a pub called the Duke of York in Goodge Street in London because I was a wannabe beatnik. I just had too many of them. It really turned me off whisky for a while.

Each morning, I have a cup of tea brought to me in bed by staff. They come up with the newspapers and say, ‘Good morning, Mr Stewart’ and I say, ‘Good morning, ladies’. I drink my tea, look at Sky News and read the newspapers. I’m usually out of bed by ten past eight.

I have to have my tea in a mug in the morning, but it has to be in a proper tea cup in the afternoon. I take it with one and a half sugars in a sort of light mahogany colour. I also have a coffee around 11am and that is my intake of caffeine for the day.

FULL ARTICLE

image.png