Credit Wise account with Thai Debit Card

Hi

I tried to use my kasikorn debit card to buy EUR in my Wise account

My Wise account is registered in Thailand.

I get the OTP from Kasikorn but then Wise says

Your card payment attempt was not successful. Please double check the card details and try again. If the details are correct then it's possible that online payments haven't been enabled for this card. To enable these payments, please contact your bank or check this card's settings in your online bank. Alternatively you can fund this payment via another payment method or by using a different card.

Has anyone else been sucessful in using Thai debit card to credit a wise balance. Thanks

• Sad 1

so cant add to thb balance in wise. So i try to add 1000 eur or 1000usd.

I thought it would just be like an international debit card payment. I dont have problems buying things from international websites checking out in USD using my kbank debit card.

I guess they put an actual block on Wise so people cant send money out of Thailand

Perhaps some of the other Thai banks would allow it?

7 minutes ago, CrossBones said:

so cant add to thb balance in wise. So i try to add 1000 eur or 1000usd.

I thought it would just be like an international debit card payment. I dont have problems buying things from international websites checking out in USD using my kbank debit card.

I guess they put an actual block on Wise so people cant send money out of Thailand

Perhaps some of the other Thai banks would allow it?

Wise can't get a license to operate in Thailand. And why they work with the 3 Thai banks, Bangkok Bank, SCB and Kasikorn. As I said use Deemoney. The only other way to do it would be to buy the Euro's from the bank and wire it to Wise. Which makes no sense.