Agent for final step

Toddunctious

My fiancée and I, both foreign, are going round in circles in attempts to get married at a Bangkok Amphur. 

We already have our affidavits translated and legalised and just need the appointment. 

We’ve called several and hear the same thing, 1-2 months, yet they can’t set a date over the phone. 

I’ve read we should trapse around the city and visit them all, but I’d rather just have an agent sort the appointment for us. 

I’ve reached out to several so far and it seems they don’t want to know unless we get full service which is not needed. 

Can anyone please recommend an agent for this final step?

No but I can recommend leaving the 'marriage' bit until you get home to wherever you come from.

Why do it here? Will it alter your relationship, or just cost you a lot of hassle and money.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

No but I can recommend leaving the 'marriage' bit until you get home to wherever you come from.

Why do it here? Will it alter your relationship, or just cost you a lot of hassle and money.

I would 100% prefer this, but we need to be married for a UK spouse visa for my Russian missus. 

• Thanks 1

If you are referring to the validation of the Embassy stamp by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, this does not have to be done in Bangkok. There is a sub section in Chiang Mai Mai.

I did mine there using an agent based in CM. All done by phone, E-mail and post.

They were outstanding and fees reasonable.

Kanyarath Vutthinantapong (Paeng)
Customer service officer
+66 (0) 97 957 3343
---------------------------------------------------
Web: www.bangkok-translation.com
FB: Bangkok Translation Service
LINE ID: bkktranslate | WeChat ID: bkktranslate
Bangkok Translation & Interpretation Service
Siam Three Sixty Co., Ltd.  | TAX ID: 0505562004378

Working Hours: (Bangkok | GMT+7) | Mon - Fri: 08.30 - 17.30 | Sat: 08.30 - 13:00 | Sun: Closed.

1 hour ago, fellwalker said:

If you are referring to the validation of the Embassy stamp by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, this does not have to be done in Bangkok. There is a sub section in Chiang Mai Mai.

I did mine there using an agent based in CM. All done by phone, E-mail and post.

They were outstanding and fees reasonable.

Kanyarath Vutthinantapong (Paeng)
Customer service officer
+66 (0) 97 957 3343
Web: www.bangkok-translation.com
FB: Bangkok Translation Service
LINE ID: bkktranslate | WeChat ID: bkktranslate
Bangkok Translation & Interpretation Service
Siam Three Sixty Co., Ltd.  | TAX ID: 0505562004378

Working Hours: (Bangkok | GMT+7) | Mon - Fri: 08.30 - 17.30 | Sat: 08.30 - 13:00 | Sun: Closed.

Thank you. It’s only the Amphur appointment needed. Docs have already been legalised etc. 

I will try this agent and give up if it doesn’t work out. I’m at the end of my tether with all the corruption in this dump. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Toddunctious said:

Thank you. It’s only the Amphur appointment needed. Docs have already been legalised etc. 

I will try this agent and give up if it doesn’t work out. I’m at the end of my tether with all the corruption in this dump. 

If you are fed up with corruption in Thailand, have your Russian wife share stories of her homeland.  At lesst Thailand has not waged war on a neighboring country.

Edited by SmokeandIce
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

We paid an agent 7,000 baht in Bangkok.  He did all the legwork, papers,translation, no waiting in lines.  

He was even the witness and photographer.

Still married. 

Lots of agents in front the building. 

20230816_220555.jpg

Edited by MrJ2U

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/16/2023 at 7:18 PM, Toddunctious said:

I’m at the end of my tether with all the corruption in this dump. 

I didn't experience any corruption when I got married. The problem may be you.

BTW I do know who Toddunctious is, which may be significant in a thread like this as I also know what he was.

Edited by thaibeachlovers