Vasectomy options in Pattaya?

tomster

On 8/17/2023 at 8:03 PM, TimeMachine said:

Just curious.  How was your need for a stent diagnosed? Were you feeling certain symptoms?  It was caught in a checkup? 

During a routine visit to a cardiologist at pattaya international I mentioned that I was getting tired more quickly than usual. My resting ECG was normal, but she suggested a stress test on treadmill to see if that was still the case. Under stress she could see indications of a problem. With her recommendation I contacted Pyathai Siracha and arranged for a test in which they inject something and can observe its path. The test revealed a 65% blockage and a 35% blockage.

The doctor there recommended a stent for the larger one. I agreed and he immediately began the procedure. I was awake and could observe everything on the screen next to me. It wasn't long before he said he was done. I never felt a thing except at the entry point on my wrist. I spent the night there in the ICU, which is their standard procedure, but I felt fine.

BPH wanted 400k, they charged me 225k. The doctor (Koonsiripaiboon) gave me a complete record of everything, including a DVD of the video. I brought that to my US cardiologist and he agreed with the diagnosis and praised the execution of the procedure.

The stent used was "top of the line." 50k of the 225 was just for the stent (from Germany, I believe).

I told my US doc that I wish I'd requested that they do the 35% blockage as well. He disagreed, saying my LDL was excellent now (low 60s) and it might never be a problem. My thinking was that I was already there and it would have been 'just' another 50k or so, instead of 225 (or more) in the future, plus the hassle and some small ongoing risk.

(the before and after pics are like a map going from a soi to a four lane highway.)

Way more info than you asked for, I know ????

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Paradise Pete said:

During a routine visit to a cardiologist at pattaya international I mentioned that I was getting tired more quickly than usual. My resting ECG was normal, but she suggested a stress test on treadmill to see if that was still the case. Under stress she could see indications of a problem. With her recommendation I contacted Pyathai Siracha and arranged for a test in which they inject something and can observe its path. The test revealed a 65% blockage and a 35% blockage.

The doctor there recommended a stent for the larger one. I agreed and he immediately began the procedure. I was awake and could observe everything on the screen next to me. It wasn't long before he said he was done. I never felt a thing except at the entry point on my wrist. I spent the night there in the ICU, which is their standard procedure, but I felt fine.

BPH wanted 400k, they charged me 225k. The doctor (Koonsiripaiboon) gave me a complete record of everything, including a DVD of the video. I brought that to my US cardiologist and he agreed with the diagnosis and praised the execution of the procedure.

The stent used was "top of the line." 50k of the 225 was just for the stent (from Germany, I believe).

I told my US doc that I wish I'd requested that they do the 35% blockage as well. He disagreed, saying my LDL was excellent now (low 60s) and it might never be a problem. My thinking was that I was already there and it would have been 'just' another 50k or so, instead of 225 (or more) in the future, plus the hassle and some small ongoing risk.

(the before and after pics are like a map going from a soi to a four lane highway.)

No.  Excellent.  Thanks.  So your energy came straight back?  How often will you go for a dye check to see if there is a need for more? 

4 hours ago, Paradise Pete said:

Great earners for hospitals those stents, not always required

On 8/17/2023 at 11:04 AM, tomster said:

When was that - they just quoted me 15k plus doctors fees and hospital service charges?

I guess it was a while back. Maybe 8 years now but it was only 8000 total.  I was done in 20 minutes came back a week later and gave them a sample to make sure it took.  I was quoted and booked online.  At the time I don't think it was BKK hospital that's why I added the location.  I'm pretty sure it was called Phuket International.  I know because there is another BKK hospital I went to for and ear infection. They are about ten minutes apart. 

On 8/21/2023 at 11:51 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Great earners for hospitals those stents, not always required

No doubt. But fwiw my US cardiologist agreed with the diagnosis, and there's no money in it for him. He's a great guy. Best doctor I've ever had. He's willing to talk about any health thing I want. He was a GP before specializing in cardiology. And when an older patient is paying by medicare, which typically pays less than 100%, he just waives the balance.

On 8/21/2023 at 7:29 PM, TimeMachine said:

No.  Excellent.  Thanks.  So your energy came straight back?  How often will you go for a dye check to see if there is a need for more? 

Yes, I was immediately able to do more exercise. When the stent was going in I tried very hard to feel the rush of blood though the re-opened highway, but I could not. ????

I do an annual stress test, which has not revealed any further issues. If it does, then the dye test would follow.

Here's my before and after:

image.png.9d5117a7abc8aad7de49288803ee254c.png

after.png

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Paradise Pete said:

Yes, I was immediately able to do more exercise. When the stent was going in I tried very hard to feel the rush of blood though the re-opened highway, but I could not. ????

I do an annual stress test, which has not revealed any further issues. If it does, then the dye test would follow.

Here's my before and after:

image.png.9d5117a7abc8aad7de49288803ee254c.png

after.png

Do they take a look with 3d images. My first thought about that shrunkin artery is what if its had pressure applied to it so that the shape looks different and flattened out but in fact the cross section area is the same. Going from circular to elongated oval. Im sure they know what they are doing anyway.  And you felt better afterwards so must have been restricted.  Just a thought. 

The danger with vasectomy is that after,  one feels free and safe. A bit too safe.

Yes, safe from getting trapped with an unwanted pregnancy, for sure.

But not safe enough to start going all around having unprotected intercourse.

Edited by observer90210

5 hours ago, observer90210 said:

The danger with vasectomy is that after,  one feels free and safe. A bit too safe.

Yes, safe from getting trapped with an unwanted pregnancy, for sure.

But not safe enough to start going all around having unprotected intercourse.

Yeah consider going on PrEP if doing that

6 hours ago, TimeMachine said:

Do they take a look with 3d images. My first thought about that shrunkin artery is what if its had pressure applied to it so that the shape looks different and flattened out but in fact the cross section area is the same. Going from circular to elongated oval. Im sure they know what they are doing anyway.  And you felt better afterwards so must have been restricted.  Just a thought. 

Is that a known technique? The problem is not that the artery is simply flattened and needs to be reshaped, as if it were a rigid tube. As we age our arteries for various reasons develop a build-up of plaque that restricts the blood flow. The greater the restriction, the greater the chance of a cardiovascular "event". The stent compresses the plaque, reducing the restriction.

8 hours ago, Paradise Pete said:

No doubt. But fwiw my US cardiologist agreed with the diagnosis, and there's no money in it for him. He's a great guy. Best doctor I've ever had. He's willing to talk about any health thing I want. He was a GP before specializing in cardiology. And when an older patient is paying by medicare, which typically pays less than 100%, he just waives the balance.

I've sent you an interesting video on stents, worth a watch so you have an alternate view on it

16 minutes ago, Paradise Pete said:

Is that a known technique? The problem is not that the artery is simply flattened and needs to be reshaped, as if it were a rigid tube. As we age our arteries for various reasons develop a build-up of plaque that restricts the blood flow. The greater the restriction, the greater the chance of a cardiovascular "event". The stent compresses the plaque, reducing the restriction.

I have a fascination with most things science. How do they know there is plaque in there? Sorry,  I'm all questions like an annoying nerd student.