Student barred from classes over political disagreements with school teacher

snoop1130

13 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

While the whole gendering issue is quite tedious and annoying at times and biologically speaking there are only two genders, there are definitely people that suffer from gender disphoria and you can twist and turn that for as long as you want, doesn't change the fact! 

Since you obviously do not suffer from gender disphoria you are not in a position where you can tell other people whether their gender issues are legitimate! Also, just because you can't or don't want to understand it doesn't mean it's not a real thing. Food for thought!

Far as I'm concerned anyone can change their apparent gender, as long as they pay for the costs involved, not the taxpayer, and only when they are mature enough to know the difference between a fad and a genuine problem. Children are not, and never will be mature enough to make that decision.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This was a question, this could have been a productive discussion, had the closed minded, highly conventional, very conservative, know nothing teacher not been so closed, so typical, so boring, so trite, so easily offended. In the West, kids are encouraged to ask questions.

You were at the back or the front of that class?

Be fair, none of us were there and given the reporting record the tale could be completely misrepresented. I suspect a teacher trying to encourage 'productive discussion' may well be told by superiors to get back with the program. As to schooling in the West.. my recollections was of 'silence in class', standing quietly when the teacher arrived, the odd person getting caned and a board duster being thrown at me now and again.  I certainly do not see improvement in behavior and certainly not knowledge levels in the modern approach... and now teachers have to deal with woke  attitudes and gender confusion!

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Politics is not a subject that school kids should be discussing with teachers. They should be learning basics like reading and writing. Apparently in some western countries some kids can barely read properly after they leave school, so bad has it become.

I was never in a discussion with teachers, just sat and listened. Didn't harm me and I went on to have 3 successful careers, all of which required me to be able to read, write and do arithmetic. None required a knowledge of politics.

Troubles me when I see kids that can't do mental arithmetic when working in a shop and giving me change. IMO we are not educating kids anymore, as it's all so woke now.

Well, we finally agree on something! Math is something that is either not being taught here, or not being taught properly. I remember the first time my gal and I were overseas. She was having a hard time calculating exchange rates. I told her she could drop two zeros and use a shortcut. She got it right away, and was a wiz after that. She told me nobody had ever suggested that in school. I was told to do that in the second or third grade. It helped alot. That kind of creativity is just not applied here.

And in general you are right. Education seems to be on the decline. Too many conflicting agendas.

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1