5-year license renewal- My own experience

new2here

My first 5-year “permanent” license was set to expire in late January 2024.  When i got my license back in early 2019, enclosed with the paper license and wallet sized card (presently TCT doesn’t send either a paper license nor a plastic wallet-sized card; only a .pdf that you print yourself) was a notice saying that renewals should be done 180 days in advance.

What I found out is that using their new KSP Self-service, that you can’t actually apply BEFORE 180 days.. You CAN do so once it’s LESS THAN 180 days.. 

I created my own profile- once doing so, the site auto-populated my current license data (issue and expiration dates) and other biographical data. I had to input my residential address and find my school from their nationwide database; which then auto populates it’s address etc..  That’s all that’s needed to create your KSP self service profile.

To renew, I had to submit scanned copies of… 

1) passport data/photo page AND current visa/extension 

2) current WP that had ANY stamped, entries or writing on it 

3) authenticated degree

4) authenticated transcripts

5) recent color photo

6) 3 DIFFERENT forms of “professional development” 

What I found odd is that online it says that you have to compete the renewal application form (KS.02) and the Qualification Declaration (KS.02.10) with the KS.02.10 Requiring a Schools Director or similar to sign… 

However, when I was doing all the uploading of my scans (see 1-6 above) nowhere did it ever ask for these forms (KS.02 and KS.02.10) to be uploaded nor physically mailed to them.. 

A few days - maybe 5 - after submitting all these scans, when I checked the application status, now I could open the Payment Form. You take it to a bank, 7/11 etc, and pay the 200 fee.  Once paid, the next day Krusapah will update their records and it will show your payment (date you paid)

Eight days after that, my status changed again to “committee checking”… Then literally the next day, it was approved and now I could print the new license from their site.

The renewed license says that it’s ISSUED in January 2024 and expires in 2029.. So, it appears that Krusapah effectively book-ends your old and new licenses as opposed to dating/starting it on the date you applied or date approval… Essentially you get a full 5 years.

I applied for my first 5 year before this whole KSP self-service… and I will say that it’s easier this online way.. but the old way was also nice as you interacted with a Krusapah staff who would tell you right then and there if anything was missing, insufficient etc… but the time it took me from end to end using this online platform was 18 days. 

just one persons experience. 

Edited by new2here
spelling and clarifications
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I might add:  The scans must be submitted as a PDF file that is no bigger an 2 mb.  If you have multiple documents in any category, you must make a multi-page PDF file to submit them, otherwise only the first scan submitted will be saved.

Also, many of the pull down menus are only in Thai, so you should have a fluent Thai reader sitting with you when you are filling out the forms.  (my Thai reading skills were not up to the task)

On 8/23/2023 at 5:12 PM, Callmeishmael said:

I might add:  The scans must be submitted as a PDF file that is no bigger an 2 mb.  If you have multiple documents in any category, you must make a multi-page PDF file to submit them, otherwise only the first scan submitted will be saved.

Also, many of the pull down menus are only in Thai, so you should have a fluent Thai reader sitting with you when you are filling out the forms.  (my Thai reading skills were not up to the task)

Good add-on

Yes.. in almost all of the sections, the website only allows you to upload ONE file - and it’s got to be a .PDF and within their stated size limit.

In my case, I prepared all my scans in advance, and when necessary, created a multi-page .PDF..  The longest .PDF Ibhad was the WP copy as my current WP has about 7 pages with any kind of mark or stamp.. and even with that size, I was still under the file size cap.

So, my suggestion would be to prep your files and .PDFs first - before you start the application process - that way you can focus solely on the app and the relevant questions, and less so on needing to make a multi-page .PDF

• Like 1