How do I donate my body to a medical school?

OUAT41

4 hours ago, MrBrad said:

Here are translated copies of the donation contract with Chiang Mai University.  (The pages may be out of sequence.)

20230828_143850.jpg

20230828_143910.jpg

20230828_143945.jpg

Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to post this! You do have to laugh! Our best chance of being accepted would be to die of a heart attack whilst under the age of 80 of course. 'Extremely obese' could be open to interpretation. What is of concern could be how long it takes for our own Embassy to authorise release of our bodies. Recently, a friend of my Mrs's Norwegian husband passed away aged in his forties. His Embassy took eighteen days to issue the paperwork. I suspect that, by then, his cadaver would have been unsuitable for donation?   

17 hours ago, Bill97 said:

No problem with appropriate storage

Therefore, depends upon where you die. If in hospital, can we assume the hospital mortuary would be 'fit for purpose' until your cadaver is transferred to the medical school? Or, will it go immediately to the university pending release document from your Embassy? The form is designed for Thai people. This could be the reason that retirees have (allegedly) previously been told that 'foreign donors are not acceptable'? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Fugitive said:

Therefore, depends upon where you die. If in hospital, can we assume the hospital mortuary would be 'fit for purpose' until your cadaver is transferred to the medical school? Or, will it go immediately to the university pending release document from your Embassy? The form is designed for Thai people. This could be the reason that retirees have (allegedly) previously been told that 'foreign donors are not acceptable'? 

Keep working on it and you will be able to imagine even more complications.