Anyone here purchase a MG HS PHEV?

Furioso

My neighbor has the regular petrol HS but I'm wondering if the PHEV is a viable replacement. I can't charge in my condo parking lot, only at charging stations.

Is it possible the gasoline engine can keep the electric motor close to full charge or do I absolutely need to plug it in? 

I have a plug in hybrid (not MG brand though) and from my experience, charging by using the motor is not very fuel efficient.  I also live in a condo but was able to get a charger unit installed.  Since I did mine 3 years ago, several more tenets have installed chargers.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eia310e said:

I have a plug in hybrid (not MG brand though) and from my experience, charging by using the motor is not very fuel efficient.  I also live in a condo but was able to get a charger unit installed.  Since I did mine 3 years ago, several more tenets have installed

Yes, I can see how having a home  charger would be necessary.

Can you tell me who installed your charger & how much it cost(for install and approximate monthly elec bill).

Thank you!

My fast charger came with the car as well as the installation cost.  I had to pay about 9,000 Baht to the condo for a few additional items; electric meter (they charge me 6 Baht/unit), enclosure for the meter and additional cable to reach to my car park spot.  I also have the slow charge which can plug into any outlet.  The fast charger takes about 2-3 hours to charge and the slow charger about double that.  I think the comments by KhunLA may be more relevant as they are specific to MG.  One of my associates does have the MG plug in hybrid and the installation was free as KhunLA described.  I travel about 40km per day, all on electric.  I pay about 1,300-1,500 Baht per month for the electric.  I have put gas in the car three times this year, and use the gas engine just to keep it active.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1