Don Mueang station’s escalators and elevators back in service after repairs

webfact

image.jpeg

Don Mueang station’s escalators and elevators on the Red Line are fully operational following the completion of repair and maintenance work.

The Department of Rail Transport (DRT) confirmed the news after an inspection carried out yesterday. Pichet Khunathamrak, the DRT director-general, confirmed that all 24 escalators and nine elevators are now in service.

Ongoing repair work at Wat Samianaree, Bang Khen, Lak Hok, and Rangsit stations is projected to conclude by the end of the month. The maintenance work at Thung Song Hong, Lak Si, and Kheha is scheduled for completion in September.

Last month, Red Line passengers voiced their inconvenience over escalator and elevator malfunctions at various stations. The State Railway of Thailand (SRT), which operates the Red Line, responded by stating they were in the process of procuring a contractor for the repair and maintenance of the system. The SRT anticipates all work to be completed and fully functional by September.

by Mitch Connor

Top Image by Ryan McGuire on Pixabay

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/don-mueang-stations-escalators-and-elevators-back-in-service-after-repairs

-- Thaiger 2023-08-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The moment one person gets their loose shoe-lace snagged in a travelator there is going to be a media frenzy !!!... 

Is the airport also banning crocs and flip-flops on the escalators??? 

To protect themselves they should perhaps have 'appropriate footwear' signs up... 

A bit of common sense might work.

2 minutes ago, Pdavies99 said:

A bit of common sense might work.

Agreed...    although I don't think the initial 'incident' was down to a lack of common-sense, it was equipment failure. 

But, when we travel, go to a mall etc...  my Wife and I insist that my son (and we) wear proper footwear, no flip flops (none of us have crocs) - as you mentioned, common sense. 

Shouldn't it be escalators and TRAVELATORS? As far as I am aware the elevators continued functioning after the terrible incident with an unmaintained TRAVELATOR. Otherwise it would have been impossible to get around the airport with luggage 

Edited by RobU
Additional opinion