Bernie Marsden, Original Whitesnake Guitarist, Dead at 72

Social Media

image.png

The post Bernie Marsden, Original Whitesnake Guitarist, Dead at 72 appeared first on Consequence.

Bernie Marsden, the original guitarist for Whitesnake, has died at the age of 72. He passed away on Thursday (August 24th), according to a social media post from his family.

“On behalf of his family, it is with deep sadness we announce the death of Bernie Marsden,” read the announcement on Marsden’s Facebook page. “Bernie died peacefully on Thursday evening with his wife, Fran, and daughters, Charlotte and Olivia, by his side. Bernie never lost his passion for music, writing and recording new songs until the end.”

Whitesnake frontman David Coverdale issued his own statement, writing, “I’ve just woken up to the awful news that my old friend & former Snake Bernie Marsden has passed. My sincere thoughts & prayers to his beloved family, friends & fans. A genuinely funny, gifted man, whom I was honored to know & share a stage with RIP, Bernie XXX.”

After a brief stint in the band UFO, Marsden became a founding member of Whitesnake in 1978, as part of an original lineup that included Coverdale, guitarist Mick Moody, bassist Neil Murray, and drummer Dave Dowie. He appeared on the band’s first five albums, from 1978’s Trouble through 1982’s Saints & Sinners.

FULL ARTICLE

image.png