TV stuck in 640X480

dddave

I've been regularly using my Hisense E7G 70" TV as a monitor using a Win-10 mini PC.  I just upgraded to a new Win-11 mini-pc with a 4k capable Ryzen 5-5600H processor.  When I connect the new mini-pc to the TV, it is stuck in 640X480 resolution though the TV is capable of 3840X2160P resolution.  I tried the same new mini-pc on my bedroom TCL 43" TV, also 3840X2160 res. it worked perfectly. No scaling issues.  I also tried a 1080P monitor and that worked correctly as well.  

I had previously purchased a 4k Intel n100 mini-pc for the BR TV.  I tried that on the Hisense and it scaled correctly.

So, the Ryzen pc is only incorrectly scaling on the Hisense, correctly on others.  Other PCs are scaling correctly on the Hisense.

Windows is listing the Hisense TV and the Ryzen Radeon graphics as the video source.  When I try to adjust the resolution in settings, I get increasingly smaller fonts and narrower letterboxing.  

I have tried every TV setting I can find.  I have gone through Windows...I am out of ideas.  

BTW, also tried different HDMI cables, cutting power and restarting: both PC and TV.

HELP!