E-visa Supporting Documents

I am applying online for a non-o (Thai wife) long stay single entry visa. Can anyone please provide me with some support who has successfully completed the online application. Section Supporting Documentation…. 
3 . Financial evidence, e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, proof of sponsorship from a third party. 

Is this different to showing bank statements proving more than £10,000 in the bank. I don’t have a regular income into my bank as I am recently retired, but don’t receive a UK pension until 2024. However, I have a sizeable private pension fund which I can draw down from as and when needed. What should I provide the online application.

Secondly, I am applying for the 1 year long stay non-o visa but will leave Thailand after 5 months to then return a couple of months later, is it best to get a re-entry permit prior to exiting Thailand. Rather than apply for the non-o multi entry visa, which I believe requires more information provided.

1 hour ago, Karlo said:

Secondly, I am applying for the 1 year long stay non-o visa

Oh dear, your in trouble now, Don't worry you will soon find out why

I have done this twice and it's very confusing as they have combined all the relative visas into one so some questions have to be answered with N/A you have to answer something or you cannot proceed.

You change your 90 day visa to a yearly extension once in Thailand

You will only need proof of earnings  when you go to get your yearly extension if using the 65k per month

You do not state whether you are going to put 400k in a Thai bank or use the pension method ( Using a draw down option may not be  possible, unless someone knows different, but could be problematic)

I'm sure someone will inform you if possible

400k in bank seems the easiest option but you will need to get a Thai bank account immediately on arrival and deposit the amount

You will need a letter of invitation for the visa. I typed one out sent it to GF she signed it and scanned it with id card underneath then emailed it back to me.

Statements showing you have 10k in bank (non o visa)

Utility bills to prove you are resident of UK (non o visa)

Where are you going to be  staying ? If her family home copies of blue book, if not hotel reservations. (Non o and yearly extension)

Marriage certificate obviously and decree nisi if you have been married before (mine was for parent of child so birth certificate for me)

That's as much as i can remember but google list of supporting documents for long stay non o (marriage) and yearly extension (marriage)

I'm sure someone will give a more comprehensive list

you have 2 weeks to keep amending the application so plenty of time.

Edited by Dene16
addition

A Non O visa gives you an initial 90-day permission to stay. Subsequently, this stay is extended for a year, and repeated annually thereafter. The extensions are done in Thailand.

You can apply for the Non O visa either outside Thailand or inside Thailand.

Two important questions:

1. Did you marry your wife in Thailand or overseas?
  2. Do you have a Thai bank account in your name only?
  3. How easy is it for you to place 400,000 baht in a Thai bank account for several months?

I will try to give you more specific advice on how to proceed when you give the answer to those questions.

I married my Thai wife in Thailand, I have a Thai bank account and can place 400,000 baht in the account from a UK account. On my non-o visa application I put 300 days stay in Thailand will it be rejected, as I forgot it’s for 90 days.

On 8/30/2023 at 6:10 AM, BritTim said:

A Non O visa gives you an initial 90-day permission to stay. Subsequently, this stay is extended for a year, and repeated annually thereafter. The extensions are done in Thailand.

You can apply for the Non O visa either outside Thailand or inside Thailand.

Two important questions:

1. Did you marry your wife in Thailand or overseas?
  2. Do you have a Thai bank account in your name only?
  3. How easy is it for you to place 400,000 baht in a Thai bank account for several months?

I will try to give you more specific advice on how to proceed when you give the answer to those questions.

Don't you think people should respond to what gets asked rather than what they think has been posted.

17 hours ago, Karlo said:

I married my Thai wife in Thailand, I have a Thai bank account and can place 400,000 baht in the account from a UK account. On my non-o visa application I put 300 days stay in Thailand will it be rejected, as I forgot it’s for 90 days.

If you have actually made the application and submitted it then a bit late to be asking for advice on what to  put.

If you haven't actually submitted the application then you can change it or delete it on the dashboard. For a SE entry you should put length of stay as 90 days and if selecting the ME option then 300 days would be ok. 

Regarding your OP, below is a copy of the page regarding supporting documents. There are 2 questions regarding finances, Q4 and Q10. Q10 is fairly straightforward and if you have £10K or equivalent in any bank you can just include a statement, I used my Thai account. Other situations such as income or pensions, information should be included in Q4. You do not need to do both but you must complete all so for the other just write on a piece of paper something like "please refer to Q4(or vv)", take a photo and upload that. All questions must be addressed and you can only make one upload per question so if you want to make a comment in respect of any document, again photo a written comment and combine with the document.

On your last point, the SE entry would be the safer option and re-entry permits are fairly straightforward.

Official Website of Thailand Electronic Visa_4.pdf

• Thumbs Up 1