Visa Agent Recommendations - to get Laos gf a Australian tourist visa

It can be done... your girl friend will need to show proof of ties in Laos...Home ownership, family, good job to return home to etc and you will also need to show similar as as you will need to show that you will support her while she is there.

To be honest I have never heard of a Laos girl being accepted by the Australian authorities and an agent can not do anymore than you can do as regards applying for said visa and the paperwork required is a nightmare....I have done a few applications for a few friends over the years and the 32 pages of docs and letters of invitation, bank statements etc does take time to get together....Anyway if you both qualify give it a go but in saying that I would not get your hopes up to much.

• Thanks 1

Same as above. Been there did that and never again. So much documentation and you have to be prepared to put sufficient if she's unable, funds in her account, plus show that evidence. Could you trust her if you split in the first month. I chose 3 months, but after one month, too much responsibility when they get homesick and demanding. But felt justified to put sufficient for a return flight, which I had to book and ensure they were on that flight back. Then funds for the privilege on return. A nightmare of proportions. But good luck with Australian embassy and agent. Possible all the same, , but don't be in any rush. Give it 3 or more months to occur, as you need flights booked there as evidence, even if you fail.

Do it yourself.  The comments above are mostly piffle.

Don't need to fund her account.  That is a scam perpetuated by agents.

I have done this successfully three times by myself.  First time around I decided to do it myself after talking to an agent in Bangkok who said we would have to create a fake company for her and then a fake bank account showing income from the company....blah...blah...blah.

Screw that I thought, and just did it myself.  No dramas whatsoever.

I recall also on the girls visa application I wrote occupation as rice farmer on all three occasions.

Yes a lot of paperwork but you can put it together in a morning.

Make sure you include a sworn statutory declaration regarding your financial support while she is with you in Australia.  Also state that you will have comprehensive travel insurance for the duration of her visit.  And that you will ensure that she does not work or overstay her visa.

I could dig up one of my old declarations...maybe if you interested in a copy.

1 hour ago, Adumbration said:

Do it yourself.  The comments above are mostly piffle.

Don't need to fund her account.  That is a scam perpetuated by agents.

I have done this successfully three times by myself.  First time around I decided to do it myself after talking to an agent in Bangkok who said we would have to create a fake company for her and then a fake bank account showing income from the company....blah...blah...blah.

Screw that I thought, and just did it myself.  No dramas whatsoever.

I recall also on the girls visa application I wrote occupation as rice farmer on all three occasions.

Yes a lot of paperwork but you can put it together in a morning.

Make sure you include a sworn statutory declaration regarding your financial support while she is with you in Australia.  Also state that you will have comprehensive travel insurance for the duration of her visit.  And that you will ensure that she does not work or overstay her visa.

I could dig up one of my old declarations...maybe if you interested in a copy.

Thanks, was this for a Lao gf who you applied for a tourist visitor visa? Also, roughly how long ago did you do those applications?

Edited by bbi1

1 hour ago, Adumbration said:

Did they ask for any proof of this? Because when an employee they want employment contract, payslips, etc. and when a business owner they want proof of business registration, etc.

38 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Did they ask for any proof of this? Because when an employee they want employment contract, payslips, etc. and when a business owner they want proof of business registration, etc.

No.

They did not ask for anything extra on any occassion.

Edited by Adumbration

10 hours ago, bbi1 said:

If you could please do this, this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I can't help you with a visa but it's not that hard if you're ok with paperwork

You definitely don't require stats decs.

A fair bit has changed since Adumbration applied.

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

I can't help you with a visa but it's not that hard if you're ok with paperwork

You definitely don't require stats decs.

A fair bit has changed since Adumbration applied.

A Stat Dec was never a requirement.  It just helps to ensure success.  Especially in the instance that the GF has no hard assets such as land or a bussiness.

Saying you definitely don't need one is just plain stupid.

And absolutely nothing has changed since I made my applications.

3 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

A Stat Dec was never a requirement.  It just helps to ensure success.  Especially in the instance that the GF has no hard assets such as land or a bussiness.

Saying you definitely don't need one is just plain stupid.

And absolutely nothing has changed since I made my applications.

LOL

A Stat Dec is pointless.

How can it "help to ensure success"?

It helps nothing.

If you think nothing has changed in 15 years,  you're really naive.

I’m sure an “agent” will not be able to offer any services that would influence the embassy’s decision on an application. For sure not any western country has such services unlike countries where officials can be easily be bought (eh hmm.) Such agent can only assist in helping you guys to prepare and submit the application.