Question for Danish people or someone know Danish laws

problemfarang

It starts with the person who thinks he / she got scammed delivering a probable story to the police why they think they are scammed. If the police thinks it is a case there will be a police report filed.

As you might know the police have a lot of cases and a 500 USD scam case won't be on top of their files for a long time.

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

It starts with the person who thinks he / she got scammed delivering a probable story to the police why they think they are scammed. If the police thinks it is a case there will be a police report filed.

As you might know the police have a lot of cases and a 500 USD scam case won't be on top of their files for a long time.

Well.. basically she said she needs to go back to thailand (shes not a thai national).. and said she hasnt got the money to buy the ticket. Important detail is she never asked money. Only accepted when offered. Well turned out shes in thailand but was too late money already transfered. Also it turned out her job and so on was all not real. But again its confirmed that her address.. name.. phone are all real.

And.. dont know will affect or not but the person who sent the money is medium level celebrty in denmark (in TV area) 

Edited by problemfarang

4 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

If she never asked for money, it will be very hard to get a scam case in court. If you don it will cost you way more on lawyers and it can take years to get someone convicted. When convicted, you still need to find a way to actually get your money. It doesn't matter if the person is a medium level celebrity in Denmark for the Thai police.

thanks for the answer and your time for explaining. So it seems.. the amount of money is enough but its like a dead end.

1 hour ago, LukKrueng said:

First of all - $500 is not worth the trouble of trying to get it back any other way than asking her to pay back. The costs of trying to get it back, be it legal or not will be much more than $500.

You say she didn't ask for the money, but accepted when offered. How was it offered? As a loan? as a gift? Under any conditions at all? 

I assume that if the person who paid the money is a TV celebrity he won't go hungry for the loss of $500, so better just put it down as tuition fee for the university of life.

Offered as a gift.

My friend contacted with danish police and they told him there is no limit for scam money. And ask him to go to office and make a complain. But as you said how good they will follow it up. Also im pretty sure they told him to make a complain because they cannot say not worth the efford

Thanks fkr your reply

10 hours ago, problemfarang said:

3500 DKK (500 usd) (18.500 thai baht) transfered to thailand from denmark. Is this amount enough to start for the police? 

Also how the procedure (steps) works?

Have all the true info of the person in thailand (she is not thai). Name.. address.. phone no. Confirmed. Basically this person turned out to be NOT the person she showed / introduce herself.

Is it worth to report to danish police about this? Or contact thai police?

3,500 kroner is a relatively small amount – even that it might be a relative big amount for some individuals – you should consider it as a lesson learned-loss and move on; and yes, I'm Danish.

You have voluntary transferred the amount to a foreign national, so it's not something the Danish police can do much about. You might be able to report it, and that might be it. You'll gain nothing.

You need to contact Thai police to get something done. However, someone using a fake so-me profile is not unusual and can be hard to investigate. You being a foreigner might not help the police's interest in starling an investigation. And what will you gain? Even if they might find the person – or persons – behind the fake profile, the money might well be gone already long ago, so you won't get them back.

So, save yourself from a lot of trouble and worrying: Write off the loss and move on...:thumbsup:

And by the way: We are many, also Danes, who have "lost" money, we voluntary gave to Thai ladies – even when they didn't use a fake profile and was, who they appeared to be – and we are many, also Danes, who learned a lesson, moved on and often had better luck next time...????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, problemfarang said:

Offered as a gift.

My friend contacted with danish police and they told him there is no limit for scam money. And ask him to go to office and make a complain. But as you said how good they will follow it up. Also im pretty sure they told him to make a complain because they cannot say not worth the efford

Thanks fkr your reply

If it was offered as a gift there's no scam here at all

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, khunPer said:

3,500 kroner is a relatively small amount – even that it might be a relative big amount for some individuals – you should consider it as a lesson learned-loss and move on; and yes, I'm Danish.

You have voluntary transferred the amount to a foreign national, so it's not something the Danish police can do much about. You might be able to report it, and that might be it. You'll gain nothing.

You need to contact Thai police to get something done. However, someone using a fake so-me profile is not unusual and can be hard to investigate. You being a foreigner might not help the police's interest in starling an investigation. And what will you gain? Even if they might find the person – or persons – behind the fake profile, the money might well be gone already long ago, so you won't get them back.

So, save yourself from a lot of trouble and worrying: Write off the loss and move on...:thumbsup:

And by the way: We are many, also Danes, who have "lost" money, we voluntary gave to Thai ladies – even when they didn't use a fake profile and was, who they appeared to be – and we are many, also Danes, who learned a lesson, moved on and often had better luck next time...????

thanks for your post.

my friend asked danish police and they told him to make a complain. tho i dont think anything will come up. I think they told him that jsut because they had to because of their work.

Edited by problemfarang

3 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

If it was offered as a gift there's no scam here at all

yes i agree with you and told that to my friend. Only scam part is the person is not the person she introduced her self. For example she said that her occupation is a nurse and need money to get back to thailand (again she is not a thai national but living in thailand) so my friend offered her the plane ticket. At first she didnt accept and my friend insisted then she accepted. So the scam part is only about her job and i dont think its a crime to.. tell a lie about your job.

• Like 2

On 9/1/2023 at 4:04 AM, problemfarang said:

I was wondering how much money is enough for the police to start a scam investigation in Denmark.

It seems as though you already know the answer having already asked the Danish police!...

20 hours ago, problemfarang said:

My friend contacted with danish police and they told him there is no limit for scam money.

16 hours ago, problemfarang said:

my friend asked danish police and they told him to make a complain.

20 hours ago, problemfarang said:

Also im pretty sure they told him to make a complain because they cannot say not worth the efford

On 9/1/2023 at 2:02 PM, problemfarang said:

So the scam part is only about her job and i dont think its a crime to.. tell a lie about your job.

Only if you're trying to convince someone you're solvent to obtain a loan. I think that's called attempting to obtain pecuniary advantage through false pretenses or something similar (I'm not a lawyer).

On 9/1/2023 at 2:32 PM, problemfarang said:

Offered as a gift.

Thanks fkr your reply

A gift is a gift. Not a scam.

On 9/1/2023 at 7:02 PM, problemfarang said:

yes i agree with you and told that to my friend. Only scam part is the person is not the person she introduced her self. For example she said that her occupation is a nurse and need money to get back to thailand (again she is not a thai national but living in thailand) so my friend offered her the plane ticket. At first she didnt accept and my friend insisted then she accepted. So the scam part is only about her job and i dont think its a crime to.. tell a lie about your job.

She it wasnt a scam and it likely was you not my friend story.