What is necessary to get tourist Visa at Vientiane Thai embassy

correct me if I am wrong:

1. passport

2. filled embassy form+ 2 photos

3. the queue number

4. bank statement of yours showing the movements on it for the last 3 months (any bank statement)

5. An onward ticket from Thailand back to where you came from (or a booking of such a ticket).

6. hotel booking in Thailand (for what period minimum?)

Is something missing on my list?

Edited by Father of Godfahter

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Guessing by que # you are referring to appointment which is required at Vientiane 

You are right. Anything else that I may be asked for? With this appointment system if you lack something - you need to get another appointment at another day and those appointments’ slots are usually full for a week or more ahead. This is why I am worried about missing something.

• Thumbs Up 1

See https://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/en/page/tourist-visa-2?menu=63bcd875e8b39d00fd0e7513 for the official requirements.

On onward travel it states:

Travel itinerary to and from Thailand and accommodation e.g. plane/train/bus ticket, hotel booking, letter from whom you will be staying with and a signed copy of his/her ID

It is quite unclear what they will accept, but they have historically not been strict. Any plausible itinerary which involves you departing Thailand has generally been accepted.

In Vientiane (but not at all other embassies/consulates) they realise that "signed copy of id card" does not apply when you stay in hotel(s), only if staying in a private property.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BritTim said:

See https://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/en/page/tourist-visa-2?menu=63bcd875e8b39d00fd0e7513 for the official requirements.

On onward travel it states:

It is quite unclear what they will accept, but they have historically not been strict. Any plausible itinerary which involves you departing Thailand has generally been accepted.

In Vientiane (but not at all other embassies/consulates) they realise that "signed copy of id card" does not apply when you stay in hotel(s), only if staying in a private property.

Hi Tim,

what exactly do they want to see on the bank statement history of the last 3 months? In my case I have about 260000 thb deposited into my account and 240000 withdrawn. Most of the incoming transactions are in the range of 3000-10000 and some about 20000. Will that qualify me? 

Edited by Father of Godfahter

2 minutes ago, Father of Godfahter said:

Hi Tim,

what exactly do they want to see on the bank statement history of the last 3 months? In my case I have about 260000 thb deposited into my account and 240000 withdrawn. Most of the incoming transactions are in the range of 3000-10000 and some about 20000. Will that qualify me? 

I do not think you will have a problem. It is unclear exactly what they will accept, but mainly (i) they do not want to see indications that you are working illegally in Thailand; and (ii) they want evidence that you are not completely broke. It would be best if the final balance is over 20,000 baht.

• Like 1