Maximum Money To Transfer To Los

Hi people,

How much money can I transfer to my thai wifes bank account in LOS.

I heard that there was a maximum amount that you could transfer as not to attract a 30% holding by the government.

I am unsure if this is still the case?

I want to transfer £30,000.00 aprrox 2 million baht from my UK account to purchase some land.

thanks

I don't know what the current rules are on 'witholding' but my advice is transfer in £sterling (exchange in Thailand) and make two transactions: The first test transaction, a small amount to test that the routing is working correctly followed by the main transaction.

Hi people,

I heard that there was a maximum amount that you could transfer as not to attract a 30% holding by the government.

I want to transfer £30,000.00 aprrox 2 million baht from my UK account to purchase some land.

thanks

:o

Hi people,

thanks

:o

Thanks numberplate !!!!!

You know nothing about me, Please keep your childish actions to yourself unless of course you can offer good advice? :D

Anyone else?

Edited by Monkeypants

Hi people,

thanks

Not necessarily helpful, but I've seen a $20,000 limit mentioned in some threads, but have never seen anyone confirm any limit or when it comes into play. Below threads for example. Unfortunately the forum search does not accept $20,000 or 20,000.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=127176

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=127809

I assume (without any basis) that its not a blanket withholding. Otherwise for a condo, you'd have to send 30% extra and have it sit in a bank. No one seems to have complained about such a situation yet. Plus the exporters have to get transfers higher than this all day long.

i was told in may by the bank officer , who checked with her superior , in the international section at bangkok bank head office on silom road that foriegn transfers of any amount can be made into personal bank accounts here , the transaction should be tagged with with something like "living expenses".

Thanks for the links.

However as I intend to transfer the money from my UK acoount to my wifes THAI account,

I was thinking on the lines of..... because a Thai national is effectively accepting the money then the 30% hold back (if it exists at all ) will be exluded on the basis that she is Thai?

I could always transfer the money from my UK account to my Thai wifes UK account and have her transfer it to her Bangkok bank account in LOS.??