Phuket Blood Bank and Thai Red Cross launch donation drive for rare blood type

webfact

image.jpeg

The Phuket Regional Blood Bank (Phuket RBC) in partnership with the local chapter of the Thai Red Cross and 20 local businesses, have initiated a campaign in September to restock their depleting blood reserves.

This campaign invites the local populace to provide their valuable donations at any of the 20 mobile blood donation stations scattered across Phuket, commencing from 2pm today.

Phuket RBC will establish these mobile donation points at various locations throughout Phuket in the month of September. The schedule for these blood donation locations has been released to the public.

Emphasis is being placed on the collection of Rh-negative blood, a blood type that is in constant demand in Phuket due to its rarity among Asians. But in a destination full of foreign travellers, collecting donations of the rare blood type is a critical necessity.

by Neill Fronde

TOP: The Phuket Regional Blood Center continues to seek donations of Rh negative blood. (via Phuket News)

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/phuket-blood-bank-and-thai-red-cross-launch-donation-drive-for-rare-blood-type

-- The Thaiger 2023-09-04

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1

I am Rh O negative and have donated blood all of my life.

Unfortunately, as the nurse told me when I last donated, 'this will be the last time for you - you will be 70 next month.'

To everyone, I do encourage you all to donate blood. It is a life saver and costs you nothing except a bit of time. ????

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

I am Rh O negative and have donated blood all of my life.

Unfortunately, as the nurse told me when I last donated, 'this will be the last time for you - you will be 70 next month.'

To everyone, I do encourage you all to donate blood. It is a life saver and costs you nothing except a bit of time. ????

I am O negative too. I was thinking for donating blood as lonf as it is taken by a beautiful Thai female nurse.  Sadly I am too old for the beautiful Thai lady and to give blood too  ????