Clock repair - Phra khanong area

ASEAN NOW Sales

29 minutes ago, ASEAN NOW Sales said:

cheap and reliable

Sorry can not advise on that except to say there seem to be very few such skilled workers in these days of quartz movements.  But perhaps a request on Facebook might find someone - we had our grandfather clock repaired about 10 years ago by someone going house to house so it still may be viable.  But cheap it may not be.

Photo seem to show weights needing to be pulled up to keep clock running but am sure you know that, or I am missing something.

Problem is well known. It seems that your clock has a very simple movement so I suggest to take the clock down and clean it with cotton buds which you wet in alcohol to remove residue and dust. Next you take new cotton buds and apply some WD-40 or Sonax to oil the movement. All the while you can turn the clock around once in a while and rotate the clock's hands, then place it back onto its face and carry on the cleaning/oiling. 
Once the clock is back on the wall you might want to cover the top and side (behind the dial, hence not visible) with medical gauze which you can get in rolls and cut to size. This will keep (most) of the airborne dirt off the movement. 

I've done this with a 300-years old grandfather clock over the last 40 years and repeat the treatment every 8 - 10 years with success and without damage to clock or movement. Good luck ???? 

26 minutes ago, nana kid said:

Not in Phra Khanong                    but in the HomePro building in Chidlom            on the first floor up

the is a clock repair shop    "Watch Me"   small shop        he did a good job for me on a Le Coutre

watch 

You took a Jaeger-leCoultre watch to a watch fixer embedded in HomePro?

Good luck with that one considering the prices of this brand. Should you ever have a need for any watch maintenance, do yourself and the watch the favor and see "Time Clinic" which is in Soi Bangkok Bazaar (off Chitlom). Khun Phanom and his team of Swiss trained watchmakers fixed literally all my watch "needs" over the last 40 years; they use original spare parts, automatically replace eventual seals to watertight the watch again and give you a print-out of the waterproof testing as well. It comes at a marginally higher price than all those Tom, Dick and Harrys under the escalators of shopping centres et al. Just in case - it is in the interest of the watch and your investment in an expensive time piece.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

You took a Jaeger-leCoultre watch to a watch fixer embedded in HomePro?

Good luck with that one considering the prices of this brand. Should you ever have a need for any watch maintenance, do yourself and the watch the favor and see "Time Clinic" which is in Soi Bangkok Bazaar (off Chitlom). Khun Phanom and his team of Swiss trained watchmakers fixed literally all my watch "needs" over the last 40 years; they use original spare parts, automatically replace eventual seals to watertight the watch again and give you a print-out of the waterproof testing as well. It comes at a marginally higher price than all those Tom, Dick and Harrys under the escalators of shopping centres et al. Just in case - it is in the interest of the watch and your investment in an expensive time piece.

That's nice to know, for long time I'm searching for a watch repair shop for my Omega watch.

Do you have more precisely info about that shop, or maybe a telephone number?

I live in the Kaeng Krachan area so it is difficult to take a look at Chitlom.

19 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

That's nice to know, for long time I'm searching for a watch repair shop for my Omega watch.

I can't recommend because I don't know your exact problem but it is an established shop

081 987 8680  Talk to him he speaks pretty good English

On 9/12/2023 at 1:52 PM, Peterphuket said:

Of course, here we go:

Time Clinic Co., Ltd. (in Thai: บจก. ไทม์คลินิก)
20/17 Soi Rajdamri 2
Soi Chidlom
Lumpini / Pathumwan
Bangkok 10330
Thailand

phone: 02-252 69 26, 02-254 23 17, 02-255 07 35 and 02-252 69 33. The operator is a nuisance though and has absolutely not the slightest clue so best is to go there. The boss there is Khun Panom Anatong, a very experienced and nice gentleman; not always there but his "underlings" are equally qualified. The only problem is, that they take a VERY long time to get anything fixed; too much work - so patience is the key to success! 

If lost for directions, the GPS co-ordinates of their shop reads: 13.747387 100.543577. 

Good luck ???? 

56 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Of course, here we go:

Time Clinic Co., Ltd. (in Thai: บจก. ไทม์คลินิก)
20/17 Soi Rajdamri 2
Soi Chidlom
Lumpini / Pathumwan
Bangkok 10330
Thailand

phone: 02-252 69 26, 02-254 23 17, 02-255 07 35 and 02-252 69 33. The operator is a nuisance though and has absolutely not the slightest clue so best is to go there. The boss there is Khun Panom Anatong, a very experienced and nice gentleman; not always there but his "underlings" are equally qualified. The only problem is, that they take a VERY long time to get anything fixed; too much work - so patience is the key to success! 

If lost for directions, the GPS co-ordinates of their shop reads: 13.747387 100.543577. 

Good luck ???? 

Very nice!

Thanks a lot.

• Like 1