Chiang Mai first impressions

DfD057

Generally CM is pretty boring I think.

Maybe a get away place for a few days to relax.  The golf is decent. The mountain and adventure activities are OK for tourists. 

I find the girls to be mostly stuck up and unfriendly.  The red light area is a huge rip off with bad attitudes.

Food veggie and coffee shops every where.

• Thumbs Up 1

Say what you will about the hokey video. It gives our keyboard warrior caste, a chance to crawl out from under a rock, & engage in one of their deeper cultural needs. The sheer joy in finding fault. 

Reckon they will celebrate a successful morning's work by digging out a frozen meat pie to toss in the microwave for lunch, and who can blame them?! 

• Confused 4
  • Love It 1

4 hours ago, arithai12 said:

For a short time visitor, CM is mildy boring compared to places like Bangkok, Phuket, and I suppose Pattaya where I have never been. Seen 1 or 2 of the 100 temples, taken a couple of guided tours of the surroundings, done your shopping, sipped your drink in a quiet garden place, you can leave without missing it much.

But to live in CM as a resident and not a tourist, then it's another story. No other place in Thailand where I'd rather be, day in day out.

I say the same thing about Pattaya, like you, 'as a resident and not a tourist'.   It's great for year-round living.   I do like CM, too--my partner and I have visited 4 times and likely will go again sometime--but we like living by the ocean and Pattaya's close proximity to Bangkok.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

8 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

Been here 22 years. Can't think of any reason to leave!
Unless you are here for the drinking and bar girls, which I'm told have gone down in the past 20 years, it's a delightful place to live.  The food is great, the people are friendly, the prices are certainly right, and the geography beautiful. Who could ask for more?

Clean air year round?  Please don't reply that the smog is only a few weeks ????

4 hours ago, Sandboxer said:

Your vid sucks.

True enough. Spend $100 on a microphone. It sounds like they're speaking through a sodden roll of paper towels. And those impenitrable posh accents demand subtitles. 

Never over-react to a random lizard again. A million other gap ye-ahh dullards have gone before you.

12 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Generally CM is pretty boring I think.

Maybe a get away place for a few days to relax.  The golf is decent. The mountain and adventure activities are OK for tourists. 

I find the girls to be mostly stuck up and unfriendly.  The red light area is a huge rip off with bad attitudes.

Food veggie and coffee shops every where.

Yes it is harder to get laid in Chiang Mai and they look more Chinese 

• Like 1