Krungsri Bank ATM problem

Has anybody had a problem with transferring money via the Krungsri (a.k.a. Ayudhya) bank ATM ??

I only seem to be able to transfer money from my account to a Kasikorn account from the ATM located outside my branch. The failures occur after I've chosen Kasikorn as the receiving bank, entered the account number and the amount. It whirrs and then says "Machine is closing down". When I enquired in the bank, they didn't know. Actually they said 'a communication problem' between computers. But every time ?? No, I don't think so.

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

You don't have a smartphone to use the app?

probably leave the ATM problem a day or so and it will be solved

No I don't use a banking app - plus all failures occur at different ATMs, so something more fundamental is going on.

4 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Is the transfer amount too much by chance?

The account is valid?

It has worked previously?

There no problems with the account and the there are sufficient funds to transfer 10K out. The thing is ALL Krungsri ATMs - except the one outside the branch - fail with a 'closing down' screen.

1 hour ago, Rigsby said:

There no problems with the account and the there are sufficient funds to transfer 10K out. The thing is ALL Krungsri ATMs - except the one outside the branch - fail with a 'closing down' screen.

Do know there has been reporting of many ATM's being removed by banks in last few months so it could indeed be a communications issue - remote locations no longer supported for interbank transfers.  Closing down was what I used to get 30 years ago when ATM could not communicate.

By too much I was talking about the amount being set more than allowed by bank - transfers are limited to 50k but you were only sending 10k so that would not have been the reason.  There are new laws for interbank transfers to prevent money laundering that might exclude some older machines from providing such service so that might well be the issue.