Suitcase repair (telescopic handlebar stuck)

ChristianPFC

I'm looking for a shop that can repair a telescopic handlebar of a suitcase. I have two suitcases where the handlebar is stuck. I had a walk around Chinatown for other purposes and didn't see any. I came across such shops in Saigon and guess there must be some in Thailand as well. Where (in Bangkok) and price estimation?

Can't with a repairer.

Inside the case, look for a zip in the lining. That should give access to the handle mechanism. There is not much too then. I would spray a little lube on the stanchions and see if you can get movement.

Edited by LS24
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, freeworld said:

Try Mr Bag Fix at one of their locations in Bangkok.

https://www.bagfix.com/branch.php

and in Huai Khwang

https://th.asiafirms.com/bangkok/carpenter-luggage-repair-1440901.html

I've used Mr Bag Fix for repairs. Probably not the cheapest option but it was convenient and the work was good. You can get email them for an estimate. I'd try @LS24's DIY options first though. Also, sometimes the telescopic tubes get slightly crushed during baggage handling, which stops the inner tube sliding freely. You can sometimes just squeeze it with pliers on the opposite sides and pop it back into shape. 

• Like 1

Try a can of silicone type lubricant (WD) make a great product and give the joints/cavities a food stray and allow time for penetration and see if this cures the stuckness.

I had a Samsonite carry on, after years of use, did the same and the spray cured it.

• 2 weeks later...