Forum upgrade in progress! ×

When did access to continued Injury and Sickness benefits in the Thai Social Security Fund start for foreigners??

It's well established that Foreigners who are members of the Thai Social Security Fund (SSF), when they retire:

- Can claim a refund of their member contributions, and

- Can continue their Injury and Sickness contributions and pay their member contributions monthly at a Thai bank for transfer to the Social Security Fund. And such members have six months after they retire and received their member contribution refund to decide if the wish to continue their Injury and Sickness benefits (My reference The Social Security Act B.E. 2533 (1990), specifically Article 39.)

My question relates to what month/year continuing Injury and Sickness benefits after retirement was extended to foreigners (or was is available to foreigners from the start of the Social Security Fund?).

I'm in discussion with the SSF on continuing my Injury and Sickness benefits and it's being suggested that continuing Injury and Sickness for foreigners started some time after the original start of the fund. But I can't find any dates (month/year) relevant to this point.  

I'm aware from previous discussions on this board on this subject that there's many foreigners who have retired, taken their member contibutions refund and then continued their Injury and Sickness benefits.

Can I please ask you to share what month/year you retired and then continued your Injury and Sickness benefits and therefore changed to the monthly personal payment system at a Thai bank. If you would prefer to reply by PM then please do that. 

Appreciate any comments on this specific subject that you can share.

Thank you.