Westlake Tyres

Went to one of the tyre outlets yesterday MAXXI and wanted a quote for 4 new tyres, Currently I have Bridgestone which were on when I bought the car new. The quote for Bridgestone was 25,800. However, he said they also have a Thai brand called Westlake which were priced at 12,800 for all 4. 

Before I jumped at the cheap ones, I thought I'd ask in here if anyone has used these and if so, are they any good. Personally, I've never heard of them but then again, I've never had to buy new tyres over here before.

Edited by ConnectionNotGuaranteed

Not sure what you drive, but if it's an SUV/Pick-up, then I recommend looking at Falken Wildpeak AT3WA. They are a Japanese brand made by Sumitomo (Dunlop) in Thailand, and are really good for the price. I have them on my Ranger (265/70/17). They are quiet, offer good grip etc. You can find a bunch of reviews online where they are put against BF Goodrich tires and come out on top.

15 hours ago, JoeW said:

Not sure what you drive, but if it's an SUV/Pick-up, then I recommend looking at Falken Wildpeak AT3WA. They are a Japanese brand made by Sumitomo (Dunlop) in Thailand, and are really good for the price. I have them on my Ranger (265/70/17). They are quiet, offer good grip etc. You can find a bunch of reviews online where they are put against BF Goodrich tires and come out on top.

Thanks for that Joe. Yes I drive an SUV 255/60/R18. Do you know who stock those? For my tyre, when I went to MAXXI they only had Bridgestone and Westlake as an alternative

On 9/14/2023 at 12:02 PM, HauptmannUK said:

Westlake are a brand of ZC Rubber (Chinese). They probably have a factory in Thailand. I've seen them on trailers and caravans in UK. Personally I would avoid.

Did a bit of research and looked at reviews. Bit of a mixed bag of comments. Some say very quiet, others say noisy but nearly all say they wear well. Think I'll avoid though

Edited by ConnectionNotGuaranteed

19 hours ago, ConnectionNotGuaranteed said:

Did a bit of research and looked at reviews. Bit of a mixed bag of comments. Some say very quiet, others say noisy but nearly all say they wear well. Think I'll avoid though

I can only give you my opinion. I've had Toyo, BF Goodrich, and anything else in between, but these Falkens perform at the same level as tires way above its price class. I paid 16,000 for a set of 4.