Any one flying into BKK with TR visa and also old ED stamps... Safe?

What is ongoing status with the IOs at bkk airports when arriving with e-visas TR s/m and also have old ED stamps in passports ! . .

My first entry was OK , but soon up for my second entry of my METV TR , but feeling a bit shaky. . . i got all documents but still have that old ED stamp in the passport to haunt me.

Landborder more safe to entry maybe? i really dont want any hassle with the IOs.

Edited by oMega69

As far as I know a tourist visa should be fine since its granted by an embassy. I have however witnessed the IOs telling my friend to "go back to his home country and get a visa", after back to back stays and TR:s from Vietnam. I dont know where you are entering from but if you have a TR from a embassy from your home country and have spent some time outside of Thailand it should be ok.

Just saw you are gonna enter on your second entry. Afaik it should be fine.

Edited by raz0r21

Entering via most land crossings should be fine (but avoid Poipet/Aranyaprathet).

At airports, entering with a visa should not be a problem. However, there have been rare cases of denied entry for those with tourist visas at some airports. Some officials hate long stay tourists, and may look for opportunities to give them problems. Both Bangkok airports and Krabi are to be avoided if you want to be completely safe. Chiang Mai has historically never been reported to improperly deny entry to those with visas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Entering via most land crossings should be fine (but avoid Poipet/Aranyaprathet).

At airports, entering with a visa should not be a problem. However, there have been rare cases of denied entry for those with tourist visas at some airports. Some officials hate long stay tourists, and may look for opportunities to give them problems. Both Bangkok airports and Krabi are to be avoided if you want to be completely safe. Chiang Mai has historically never been reported to improperly deny entry to those with visas.

So this indicates that some passport control points and/or officials use different systems/criteria and/or discretion than others e.g. central/bkk vs. upcountry, phuket vs. ban nok or aranyaprathet vs. nongkhai etc?

I guess that may well be the case for visa exempt entry too ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/14/2023 at 6:31 PM, raz0r21 said:

As far as I know a tourist visa should be fine since its granted by an embassy. I have however witnessed the IOs telling my friend to "go back to his home country and get a visa", after back to back stays and TR:s from Vietnam. I dont know where you are entering from but if you have a TR from a embassy from your home country and have spent some time outside of Thailand it should be ok.

Just saw you are gonna enter on your second entry. Afaik it should be fine.

I have a METV TR from my homecountry! so i guess no worries. .my first entry was flawless even with the 2yr old some pages back ED stamp. . . been home 14month between old ED and my new METV TR. . 

On 9/14/2023 at 11:57 AM, BritTim said:

Add Phuket airport to your list to a AVOID Flying into...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oMega69 said:

You guys think safe then to re-entry to CM airport . . . for 2nd entry on my METV TR issued in homecountry even with a ed stamp from 2021 ,
Will have onward flight , rental lease , bankstatement 20k . . . .

Based on prior experience, entering with a visa via Chiang Mai airport should be safe. Inappropriate denial of entry has not been observed there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1