Asian Books Stories?

coldcrush

Hiya all,

being an avid reader as have plenty of time for it. Does anyone know of any good fictional stories that are easy to buy on the web, one can get my hands on?

Read all the Bangkok Hilton stuff and alot of others as well...in english please....

Any ideas welcomed!

Thanks All :o

Out of the Loop - Morgan McFinn Chronicles of Morgan McFinns adventures in Samui. Brilliant book!

All over the Map -Morgan McFinn Sequel to Out of the Loop. Even better read. Insightful, funny, moving. Laughed out loud a lot.

Farang! - David Thompson Man who travels to Thailand for the first time. Takes you on a journey from the bars in Phuket to Isaan. Great account of a mans personal journey in LOS.

Thai Girl - Andrew Hicks A couple who recently finish Uni set of to backpack around Thailand. The end up argueing and splitting up. The story focuses on the guy who meets a Thai girl he falls for. She begins to trust him and ...you will have to read it to find out what happens. =p

I have read a few others, but these are the ones i recommend. Looking for more good ones myself.

• 2 weeks later...
Out of the Loop - Morgan McFinn Chronicles of Morgan McFinns adventures in Samui. Brilliant book!

All over the Map -Morgan McFinn Sequel to Out of the Loop. Even better read. Insightful, funny, moving. Laughed out loud a lot.

Farang! - David Thompson Man who travels to Thailand for the first time. Takes you on a journey from the bars in Phuket to Isaan. Great account of a mans personal journey in LOS.

Thai Girl - Andrew Hicks A couple who recently finish Uni set of to backpack around Thailand. The end up argueing and splitting up. The story focuses on the guy who meets a Thai girl he falls for. She begins to trust him and ...you will have to read it to find out what happens. =p

I have read a few others, but these are the ones i recommend. Looking for more good ones myself.

Thanks. Eek. I think I love you!

To add to your list, can I recommend 'Letters From Thailand' by Botan. It's published right there in Chiang Mai by Silkworm Books and it's a translation from the original Thai. Structured as a collection of letters from a Chinese immigrant to Bangkok to his mother back home, it tells the story of how this man succeeds as a merchant and about his struggles to come to terms with living in a foreign country and seeing his children growing up with modern Thai ideas and losing his Chinese culture.

It may seem slow at first but if you can get into it, it says so much about urban Thailand in the context of an engaging story and I always see it as a model for what I try to achieve in my own writing.

Best wishes,

Andrew Hicks

• 2 weeks later...

OK guys an update on this thread, I bought Shogun and a couple of other recommendations, currently away so cant wait to get back and read them. Just wanted to keep this thread alive as it has brought some good knowledge of books to light. Shows that TV people are not to thick after all (maybe just me)!

Any asian stories are welcomed.

Thanks CC :o