The Beach Walk From Pattaya Klang To Walking St.

morrobay

The following is intended to be objective not negative. In the last year it looks to me like there has been a major increase in the number of lowlife thai males along the beachwalk in the daytime.

Ive been in thailand since 2001 , 2yrs bangkok and going on 4 years pattaya. I walk along the beach everyday and Im seeing more groups of young gang types as well as basic derelicks, drunks and down and out types. Its getting ugly. I understand pattaya is getting larger and there are alot of out of work construction workers but they are not the total problem. Agree/Disagree ?

Many things are on the rise in Pattaya, gang related violence being one of those things. It sounds like some of them have chosen "the strip" to become mercinary protection for the prostitutes there. Not that the prostitutes have a choice in this forced "pimpage".

I hate to beat a dead horse here, but the police are stupid A-holes who ought to be slapped around a bit. They waste all their resources on swooping raids of people playing card games for pittance. They also do these raids of bars, with drug tests that's a violation of human rights in most countries.

There was one incident where they zeroed in on Lucifers with trucks of hi-tech drug testing gear and a entourage of personnel that would rival that of the response to the 9/11 attacks in New York. This, just to harrass patrons (including tourists) with involuntarily drug tests for no other apparent reason than a show of control over the people who are actually pumping money into the local economy. Meanwhile, gangs motorbiking around shooting whoever they damm well please.

Edited by MisterFingers

One problem is that the sidewalk on the other side of the road is too narrow and crowded, with suitcase vendors (not necessarily selling suitcases) blocking half the width anyway.

With one-way traffic there is surely room to widen the pedestrian zone, maybe by limiting the motorbike parking areas. Then all pedestrians could walk on that side of the road comfortably and leave the louts and drunks to watch each other. The girls (and semi-girls) would soon find other areas to work from.