Online Extensions, via VFS ????

What is this all about ? Apparently extensions can now be done online, using the VFS company ?

What is the current status, are people useing it?

image.png.f544f5d20dfc89853a7f5e3783d1171c.png

Sorry if its already been discussed, nothing up to date comes up in search.

https://thaiextension.vfsevisa.com

Edited by Peterw42

27 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Ahh ok, that part appears to be hidden away.

https://thaiextension.vfsevisa.com/faq

If I stay in Phuket, can I apply for e-Extension through VFS website?

View less ↑

For now, applicant must have address in Bangkok only and must get sticker visa in Bangkok.

31 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

No, they are not on the list.

Marriage is listed under Para 2.19

7 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

View less ↑

For now, applicant must have address in Bangkok only and must get sticker visa in Bangkok.

I think that is talking about family member of a foreigner with permanent residence, not someone married to a Thai

Edited by Peterw42

Recognise that VFS is not doing the extension, only document checks. You must still visit Immigration to get the extension stamp in your passport. Given that you can make an appointment to do an extension in Bangkok, most will not feel the VFS service is worthwhile. However, if you are concerned about a wasted visit to Immigration because your documentation is insufficient in some way, maybe you might use them.

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

View less ↑

A visa extension is not a residence permit. It is only an extension of ones visa to continue to visit ones family.

It seems not so clear:

2.19 Family member of a Thai residence (Non-Immigrant)

Only for family member of a foreigner (not Thai nationality) who has residence certificate and alien registration certificate of the alien granted residence permit in Thailand.

Criteria for Consideration

Foreigners are required to have previous Non-Immigrant visa before applying extension visa.

Maybe one ned to apply for that temp. residence certificate from immigration and submit it to vfs to apply for a visa extension now?

But then again, why would someone with permanent residence certificate need an evisa extension.

It seems immigration/govt is farming the process off to a private company to control staff and costs. They put a private company between the applicant and govt which is going to see a  regular increase in fees and need appointments well in advance to get the desired application date.

Edited by freeworld
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Recognise that VFS is not doing the extension, only document checks. You must still visit Immigration to get the extension stamp in your passport. Given that you can make an appointment to do an extension in Bangkok, most will not feel the VFS service is worthwhile. However, if you are concerned about a wasted visit to Immigration because your documentation is insufficient in some way, maybe you might use them.

In principle, I like this idea and processing by VfS will bring a consistency to document requirements.

It should also remove corruption from that part of the system.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

In principle, I like this idea and processing by VfS will bring a consistency to document requirements.

Yeah let's make everything more bureaucratic and complicated for no reason. OR they could just setup a phone app directly with immigration, submit your documents and stop to even do stupid stamps in real passports. What a peace must come to every immigration office if just doing that for the ordinary 30-60 day extensions of people.

All the banks do it years already, you can easily make a scan of passport, as well as a video recording with automated existing software they can use too, that verifies you on webcam and holding the passport, to know it is really you. That is all they basically do too in person now.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

Only insofar as CW is concerned in theory, given that this particular facility is only available to those registered in Bangkok, it would appear. And those using it could still, in practice, be subject to inconsistency between individual officers at that particular office as regards supporting document requirements.

And I for one would earnestly hope that VFS never roll out this facility nationwide nor extend it to non-immigrant annual extensions of stay for retirement, marriage, etc. Being forced to make a couple of trips in person to their office in Bangkok every 9-10 years as required for us Brits at passport renewal time is already bad enough as far as I am concerned, without further mandatory trips to that hell-hole called Bangkok being imposed on us every year for Thai immigration purposes! ????

Edited by OJAS
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, OJAS said:

Only insofar as CW is concerned in theory, given that this particular facility is only available to those registered in Bangkok, it would appear. And those using it could still, in practice, be subject to inconsistency between individual officers at that particular office as regards supporting document requirements.

And I for one would earnestly hope that VFS never roll out this facility nationwide nor extend it to non-immigrant annual extensions of stay for retirement, marriage, etc. Being forced to make a couple of trips in person to their office in Bangkok every 9-10 years as required for us Brits at passport renewal time is already bad enough as far as I am concerned, without further mandatory trips to that hell-hole called Bangkok being imposed on us every year for Thai immigration purposes! ????

You may need to re-read the OP. One of us has got it wrong? (I wouldn't exclude myself).

The VfS part is online, no visit required . This where consistency comes in to it. Immigration 'simply' stamp the pre-approved extension.

3 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

You apply online, decide how fast you want your extension approved <- which is on a sliding price scale from 500-1000-1500 baht

This, by the way, is in addition to the usual extension fee. And important point to note.

And you need to go to the immigration office once approved to have your passport stamped.

I wonder if this system was "designed to fail" (somebody up high said "make us an online system", and it was deliberately made to be as useless as possible), or if it's just a matter of incompetence that it's such an unappealing option.

Edited by JayClay