Should the power adapter for a JBL Xtreme 3 from the USA be OK to use in Thailand?

jakow

I destroyed a baby bottle warmer from the states by plugging it in in Thailand, so I'm a bit worried about charging this speaker in Thailand. The speaker's spec sheet says "Power input: 5V/9V/12V/15V/20V, 3A" and "Battery charge time: 4 hours (20V/3A input)" but I don't think that says anything about the actual power adapter. Does anyone know if it should be OK to use? Thanks!

5 minutes ago, blackcab said:

What does the power adapter have written on it?

A photo of the text on the adapter would help.

I actually don't own it yet. I have some Amazon credit I need to use and a family member coming soon, so I was going to order it and have them bring it. I just can't find any info on this adapter. The JBL website's page for the adapter gives absolutely no information https://www.jbl.com/homeaudio-accessories/XTREME-3-POWER-ADAPTER.html. It's really frustrating ????

If it looks like below, then yes. Mind you, yours could be different in printing below, check that it has this written:

INPUT 100-240V ~50/60Hz, 1.5A Max.

image.thumb.png.be4aa91afa0fb51ba30e83f9bc305310.png

If it says INPUT 110-130V ~ 60Hz then it's not usable in Thailand.

In that case you can buy 65W USB adapter from UGreen or Baseus (about 1k THB) or pretty much any laptop USB charger (most are 45/60/100W)

Example: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/baseus-65w-gan5-charger-quick-charge-40-30-type-c-pd-usb-charger-portable-travel-charger-fast-charging-for-iphone-14-13-macbook-i4494842131-s18199339223.html?

Edited by tomazbodner
  • Like 2

Most power supplies are rated between 100 and 240V, but you really need to look at the small print on the power supply itself.

Good news...  If you do blow up the power supply, it'll protect your speaker and you can order a replacement power supply for about $10 USD.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/19v-65w-ul-ac-13ft-jbl-xtreme-3-xtreme-2-xtreme-extreme2-jbl-boombox-1-2-i4583899459.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.9.440c333eIprIfs

Edit:  Looking at the photo above, it appears to be a USB C charger, which is even easier to find, given that there's not a bunch of different OD's and ID's like there are for (for example) laptop chargers.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

@tomazbodner @impulse Thanks guys! I actually don't own it yet so I can't read the adapter. I have some Amazon US credit I need to use and a friend coming to Thailand shortly, but can't find any info on this damn adapter. I just realized JBL has a really good support system on their website so I sent them a message and hopefully I'll get the info I need shortly. I'll update this post with the info in case other people have the same question.