Thai PM says use of cannabis must be regulated within six months

snoop1130

18 hours ago, Peabody said:

Once a month, I take my prescriptions from the hospital to Fascino and get it filled for ~ 1/2 price

But I'm guessing, the drugs you're using are over the counter variety and not among the many that only hospital pharmacies are legally allowed to dispense here.

For example, back in my home country, various antibiotic medications (pills) are by doctor's prescription only, but you can fill those at any regular pharmacy. Here, antibiotics don't require any doctor's order. You can just walk into any pharmacy and buy whatever you want.

However, there are many other kinds of drugs that can only be dispensed by a hospital pharmacy, and not an outside retail pharmacy.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/21/2023 at 9:38 PM, FritsSikkink said:

"the use of cannabis and its extracts must be restricted to medical use" Think this will speak for itself.

"control retail businesses" Most likely you need a license and could lose it when selling for non-medical use. 

What about the 6 plants everyone is allowed to grow at home??? 

I couldn't care less. At first, I was interested in the prospect of being able to enjoy a little weed on occasion.

Until I started buying it.

Why is it that Thai weed prices are over twice as high than in the UK or US? Surely Thai folks can't afford these exorbitant prices?

Furthermore, the quality is severely lacking. Popcorn buds, poorly trimmed bags full of sugar leaves and stems, mouldy bricks, sticks that are full of sugar leaves - no weed, buds that have not started producing THC - cut too early. The quality here is shockingly bad, but prices are sky high. WTF?  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

And I'd guess, overall, they're long on domestically sourced or generic drugs that can be acquired and used relatively cheaply, and probably short/shorter on imported drugs, including those for which there are no generics, that are going to be more expensive and harder to obtain here.

That may very well be the case but i get all my meds from Siam pharmacy and i've never had a problem with availability. Their pricing is comparable to the government university hospital that i use.

Just now, Pumpuynarak said:

That may very well be the case but i get all my meds from Siam pharmacy and i've never had a problem with availability. Their pricing is comparable to the government university hospital that i use.

WTF is going on here ? i replied to a post in a different thread to this thread and hey presto it gets posted in the wrong thread ????

18 hours ago, Brickleberry said:

I couldn't care less. At first, I was interested in the prospect of being able to enjoy a little weed on occasion.

Until I started buying it.

Why is it that Thai weed prices are over twice as high than in the UK or US? Surely Thai folks can't afford these exorbitant prices?

Furthermore, the quality is severely lacking. Popcorn buds, poorly trimmed bags full of sugar leaves and stems, mouldy bricks, sticks that are full of sugar leaves - no weed, buds that have not started producing THC - cut too early. The quality here is shockingly bad, but prices are sky high. WTF?  

It's partly down to the poor knowledge and skill of the growers, but also the climate here is not conducive to growing great weed outdoors due to the high humidity and almost 12/12 light cycle year round.

Thai growers won't spend money on good genetics either. You need to spend a little more to get good seeds or clones. 

On 9/22/2023 at 11:00 AM, Neeranam said:

Do you not believe in rehabilitation?

Not in the case of this 'person'. 

From what I know of him (I've had indirect dealings with him before), he has not reformed or rehabilitated one bit. Indeed, what he has got away with has emboldened him to the extent we see today.

He is widely known as a mafioso Godfather among local Thais. As a naturalised Thai, I thought you would have known this?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/24/2023 at 10:52 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

It's partly down to the poor knowledge and skill of the growers, but also the climate here is not conducive to growing great weed outdoors due to the high humidity and almost 12/12 light cycle year round.

Thai growers won't spend money on good genetics either. You need to spend a little more to get good seeds or clones. 

How are they getting away with these prices for sh!tty produce, and how on earth can any Thai person afford it? A gram costs twice as much as the daily minimum wage!

• Thumbs Up 1

There have been a number of credible scientific reports lately raising medical health and mental health concerns about marijuana use:

Including:

How marijuana impacts pain, sleep, anxiety and more, according to the latest science

September 6, 2023
Mental health: When it comes to easing the symptoms of anxiety, depression and other mental disorders, the analysis found no benefit. In fact, the opposite is actually true, Solmi said.
Adolescence and early adulthood: Altering perception and reality while a brain is still developing, as is the case throughout adolescence and a person’s early 20s, is dangerous for cognition and mental health, the review found.

and more...

AND

Not Your Grandmother’s Marijuana: Rising THC Concentrations in Cannabis Can Pose Devastating Health Risks

Brain changes and other cannabis side effects need more study, say Yale researchers

August 30, 2023

"Many people use cannabis recreationally without experiencing evident adverse effects. However, for some, the health risks associated with cannabis, such as addiction and cannabis withdrawal syndrome are genuine and potentially debilitating. "Nearly one-third of regular cannabis users may develop problematic use patterns. While certain cannabis-derived products show therapeutic potential, they are not without risks,” says Joao De Aquino, MD, assistant professor of psychiatry."

https://medicine.yale.edu/news-article/not-your-grandmothers-marijuana-rising-thc-concentrations-in-cannabis-can-pose-devastating-health-risks/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another report on the first study linked above:

September 19, 2023

Umbrella review reveals what the benefits and risks of cannabis are and for whom

Key takeaways:

• Cannabis-based medications seem to be effective for those with chronic pain, multiple sclerosis and more.
  • In the general population, cannabis worsened cognition, psychotic symptoms and psychiatric symptoms.

An umbrella review published in The BMJ provided a breakdown of the associations between cannabis and health outcomes, highlighting the uncertain potential for clinical use."

https://www.healio.com/news/primary-care/20230919/umbrella-review-reveals-what-the-benefits-and-risks-of-cannabis-are-and-for-whom

• Like 1