Barclays Bank to close UK accounts for British expats

webfact

17 hours ago, dayo202 said:

Not as far as I know.

I just login online and changed my address to the ukpost company.

I have a few Bank account all with different banks, no problems as yet.

I thought many banks required proof of address based on KYC requirements.

When my dad opened a bank account for me I was about 7. A savings account for may non existent spare pocket money. When I got to uni and heard about the fiilthy horrid things the whites to =to the blacks in South Africa and that Barclays was doing something there (not quite sure what, probably;y lending money to the white government), I immediately closed by Barclays account and opened a Bat West account and never looked back for the past 53 years.

Don't know if it works this way in England. But, what I do is keep a bank account in the US for my pension to flow into. Then siphon it off into an investment bank so I can use my ATM and spend my money. That way the bank thinks I am in the US. Even though I have a home in the US and a mailing address I used to have problems with the bank. As I was gone for years at at time. Also I go into the accounts and set it up where it is paperless. All mail is sent to my e-mail account. And statements are on line only.

Edited by Gknrd

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2023 at 5:09 PM, bangkokspurs said:

Mario

I have never been contacted by AMEX about them closing my card, been living here over twenty years, used to get monthly bills through the door now just online so they know i live in Thailand.

When is this supposed to happen, to be honest its the only card i use.   

Maybe a false alarm: they have since charged for a card renewal.