From 30 Day Stamp To 60 Daystourist Visa

Need som advise here. I'm a Swede, at the moment on my second 30 day stamp after a visa run to Burma. I'm planning to stay in Thailand "indefinitely". Since the new 90 day law on the 30 day stamp visa runs I'm planning to obtain a 60 day toruist visa instead and expand it with another 30 days. My question now is; Is it posible to obtain a 60 day tourist visa when I' currently on a 30 day stamp? Where's the best place to go, Pennang, Vientienne, etc? Another question is; can I keep on doing this forever? What about the "6 months rule", what does it mean?

Appreciate som advice here. Thank's.

Edited by Baddrifter

Anyplace other than PP or Rangoon should be good for a tourist visa. Forever is a long time and there are already signs this will not be the case (several reports that Penang has obtained a new stamp for those with many such visas that the stars may not be with them on another visit). But for now people are not having a problem.

The rule is not more than 90 days visa exempt entry during a six month period. Visa entry is not limited by this rule and is not part of the 90 day count.