Pence calls for expedited death penalty for perpetrators of mass shootings

Social Media

image.png

Former Vice President Mike Pence during Wednesday night’s second GOP debate called for an expedited federal death penalty as punishment for the perpetrators of mass shootings. 

“I’m someone that believes that justice delayed is justice denied. … As a grandfather of three beautiful little girls, I’m sick and tired of the mass shootings happening in the United States of America,” Pence said from his podium on the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library stage in Simi Valley, Calif. 

“And if I’m president of the United States, I’m going to go to the Congress of the United States and we’re going to pass a federal expedited death penalty for anyone involved in a mass shooting so they will meet their fate in months, not years,” Pence said.  

The former vice president said it’s “unconscionable” that the perpetrator of the 2018 mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman-Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., was sentenced to life in prison. 

“That’s not justice. We have to meet out justice and send a message to the would-be killers that you are not going to live out your days behind bars,” Pence said.  

Pence has made the push for an expedited death penalty before. He’s also argued the U.S. should place more focus on institutionalizing the mentally ill as a means of addressing gun violence.

FULL STORY

THEHILL-250.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Social Media said:

Former Vice President Mike Pence during Wednesday night’s second GOP debate called for an expedited federal death penalty as punishment for the perpetrators of mass shootings. 

And politicians trying to increase their poll numbers with absurd divisive  statements.  

Just what does "expedited" mean? with in the context of this statement. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Check how many innocent men were executed in history. Nobody should ever be executed. Life in jail without parole is sufficient.

Yeah strange that a few in govt can make laws giving themselves and a judge a supreme right to take a human life when it is illegal for others.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The first commandment.

I guess you mean the sixth commandment. 

Either way, I never had you down as a fervent Christian ????

But since you are, I am sure you are aware of Matthew 5:38.

image.png.6c4b28ab5fdf679fa003c8e7f0bd6f85.png

Edited by JonnyF
  • Thanks 1