Four Cars Burned At Floraville Condominium

george

Four cars damaged by fire inside condominium's car park

BANGKOK: -- Four cars were damaged by fire inside the Flora Ville Condominium in Bangkok early Sunday morning, police said.

The fire broke out at about 5:30 am inside the car park of the Condominium on Soi Pattanakarn 51.

Fire fighters took about 40 minutes to put on the blaze which completely destroyed two cars and partially damaged two others.

Police have yet to determine the cause of the fire.

-- The Nation 2007-07-15

If they have a security guard posted then I would imagine that that's what he's there for and the intent to protect residents' property is established and they failed to do that so that should stand up in court, right? Oh wait, this is Thailand.

Fire loss is paid out under the comprehensive/specified perils/all risks excluding collision overturn section of the car insurance policy. The insurer that pays then subrogates (sues) the responsible party.I belive in LOS car insurance will only pay actual cash value of vehicle not replacement cost so the vehicle owners will take a hit (especially if deductible applies). If no insurance, car owner must sue condo for damages.

In the matter of the guard, what could he have done? Run over and scream like Homer Simpson? Offer himself as BBQ course? Perhaps extinguish the fire by peeing on it? Car park fires are very difficult to fight. The confined space contains the heat and smoke and the risk of exploding petrol tanks is severe. Fire marshalls say to go in exact opposite direction of such fires due to threat of explosion.

sounds like French riots few years back... maybe some angry tenants re some noisy neighbors... I'd like to do the same when the construction site opposite my building turns on the speakers of their isaan music at 7am !! :o