Growing outdoor in october ?

steph83

Hello, i know it depends on the strain and it's not the good season to grow outdoor but if i plant now a photoperiod seed and an autoflowering seed, which one will get bigger and produce more flowers please ?

Cheers

Edited by steph83

4 hours ago, khunjake said:

November would be better. I wouldn’t do autoflowers outdoor as they will likely grow to small. Autos need 16 hours light minimum, 20 hours is best. 

ok, what about use a basic LED light outdoor just 5 hours for example from 6.30PM to 11.30pm ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steph83 said:

ok, what about use a basic LED light outdoor just 5 hours for example from 6.30PM to 11.30pm ?

You wont get much out of that. If you want to supplement light for outdoor, CFL is usually best but you will need 80w per plant. 

On 10/1/2023 at 6:21 PM, steph83 said:

Hello, i know it depends on the strain and it's not the good season to grow outdoor but if i plant now a photoperiod seed and an autoflowering seed, which one will get bigger and produce more flowers please ?

Cheers

Photo will take longer but produce more. Anytime is fine, monthly insures a good smoke daily. 

Pointless and stupid to grow autoflower outdoors, it is a waste of seeds even. If you want to grow outdoor, use normal seeds, and the time of the year is not relevant in Thailand like it is in in for example countries like UK, Netherlands, Germany etc weather wise.

Even growing outdoor, I would still first start with artificial light.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Confused 2

18 hours ago, steph83 said:

to stop mine flowering in the shorter days, i installed some solar lights above the plant.  they would kick in when it got dark and would normally fade out by midnight or something.  these stopped the plants flowering before i wanted them to

i dont think it takes much artificial light to stop them flowering.  there is a shop selling plants near me, and his plants grow huge and never flower, becuase he has street lamps outside his store ???? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/2/2023 at 10:30 AM, khunjake said:

November would be better. I wouldn’t do autoflowers outdoor as they will likely grow to small. Autos need 16 hours light minimum, 20 hours is best. 

I've run autos on 12/12 with arguably better results than those I ran on 18/6. It's all about the Daily Light Integral (DLI). Optimise your DLI and you will get great results.

Loads of folk run autos outdoors in SEA because the light schedule outside makes it near impossible to grow big photoperiods unless you run lights as @UKJASE and @SamuiGrower suggest.

I've grown autos outside here in Thailand with no issues. 

The main issue with imported photoperiod strains not from this region is that they may stress herm if they flower too early. Always flip your plants after they show sex. It's probably the biggest cause of hermaphroditism that most novice growers don't know about. 

Get a cheap tent if you can, that will keep the rain off them outside and give them a fighting chance. 

I've got a 3x2m tent in the garden, and it is good for 6-8 large plants. 

Happy growing!

Edited by Mr Meeseeks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just to be clear, autoflowers, Cannabis Ruderalis, is NOT a photoperiod plant. It will enter a generative state  (flowering) through “maturity” signaling and not through ‘short day’ lighting. They are completely unaffected by light and nutritional regimes and any type of ‘crop steering’. 

To further complicate matters, C. Ruderalis (autoflowers) are extremely susceptible to ANY stress (abiotic/biotic) and can: flower or produce hermaphroditism at the drop of a dime (baht ????). I find them, on a commercial level, to be extremely unreliable and unpredictable. As many of you autoflower growers know, they can not be cloned or manipulated to produce female seeds and their yields are notoriously low. 

• Thanks 2

On 10/2/2023 at 4:23 PM, khunjake said:

You wont get much out of that. If you want to supplement light for outdoor,

On 10/2/2023 at 4:23 PM, khunjake said:

You wont get much out of that. If you want to supplement light for outdoor, CFL is usually best but you will need 80w per plant. 

is usually best but you will need 80w per plant. 

hi Jake, but CFL do you mean these lamp ?

https://shopee.co.th/Philips-Tornado-หลอดประหยัดไฟ-หลอดตะเกียบ-ทอร์นาโด-ฟิลิปส์-ขั้วE27-52W-หลอดใหญ่-หลอดไฟเปิดท้าย-i.563519286.21528135250?sp_atk=c3189915-05b6-4bad-9c7a-84680b30eb0a&xptdk=c3189915-05b6-4bad-9c7a-84680b30eb0a

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/led-led-bulbs-e27-20w-30w-50w-60w-80w-led-light-i3745644413.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.52.50b8447bkxQimO