Change visa stamps to new passport

Just "roll up" with the old and new passports. All the information required by immigration is in the old passport. You should also have a letter/note from your passport provider asking for stamps to be transfered but I don't think immigration ever bother to look at it.

15 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

Just "roll up" with the old and new passports.

Not my experience.

Need required photocopies from old pp.

Regards letter from embassy..

UK, USA, AU to name just 3 no longer provide "letter" 

"Charge" varies depending on immigration office.

Believe it's free at CW 

Added note. Stamps such as reentry permit etc needs to be done at immigration office where issued. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Soondae said:

I was required to use the form at Hua Hin Prachuap KK office, also copy of old PP and all pages with Thai IMM stamps. They also charged me 500 baht for the service. 

It's meant to be free

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Not my experience.

Believe it's free at CW 

That is a free service. No need to pay at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Muhendis said:

I don't think immigration ever bother to look at it.

That's what I thought until Phuket Immigration sent me back to the consulate to spend another x000 Baht for this stupid piece of printout of a standard form. ????

Edited by hkt83100
Typo

21 minutes ago, hkt83100 said:

That's what I thought until Phuket Immigration sent me back to the consulate to spend another x000 Baht for this stupid piece of printout of a standard form. ????

Because the "tourists" in Phuket are creating so much chaos IO is requiring full compliance with all the rules and regulations.

I've just transferred visa extension stamps at CW; they gave me a form to fill in at reception but I'm not absolutely sure it was the same form as that. T

The officer in section L asked for an up to date bank statement covering the previous three months -which is not on that list of documents.

However the officer didn't ask for the TM30, which is on that list. As ever, it is what it is with immigration; best to take everything with you just in case. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

This thread points out some offices that charge.

Yes sure you can ask for supervisor etc...

Similar to certificate of residence.

It's free but not free.

Example 200b at CW.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1268389-transfer-extension-stamp-to-new-passport/

Sure! Whatever, I never pay for something that is supposed to be free. Have served me fine so far, and will probably do that in the future as well.

Edited by Gottfrid

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Not my experience.

Believe it's free at CW 

Added note. Stamps such as reentry permit etc needs to be done at immigration office where issued. 

Which immigration office did you use?

Buriram immigration office didn't require any forms or photo copies and did it for free when payment was discussed.

As I recall think I was asked to sign something at the time. 

Perhaps they did their own copies.

With regards to the letter, mine came with my (British) passport as a matter of course last January, and by the way, the UK embassy doesn't do passports. That's done by VFS at Trendy Tower in Bangkok.

It seems we have variations on the theme depending on which immigration office is used.

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Got my renewed Aussie passport via the Bangkok embassy earlier in the year. The new passport turned up without it but two days later the letter arrived in the mail with no explanation. Provided the letter and a copies of it when I did the visa transfers but don't recall if the IO took much notice of it, they gave the original back to me. (As an aside I wondered what new requirements the IO would throw at me this year for the marriage extension application and as a precaution had two copies of every page of my old passport with me in case it was something to do with that document. Nothing. As far as I can tell the only new requirement was two copies of my last 90 day report which I had as well. Don't recall they've ever asked for that previously.)

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

.....Offices have their own take on things..

They surely do.  When I last transferred stamps to a new passport here in Chiangmai (December of 2020), they requested a photocopy of every page of the old passport including stamps from other countries.  That was new to me (didn't have to do that last time I transferred stamps to a new passport in CM) but, since I take the kitchen sink with me (occasionally a given officer asks for something different), I had no problem.

And OP has attached the proper form and it's probably wise to print it and fill it out before heading to immigration.

Thanks for the replies guys. Its clear there is no common process and again it depends on the individual office.

I renewed my British passport whilst I was in the UK this summer and I can confirm there was no letter asking for the stamps to be transferred.

I think just in case I will print out and complete the form I attached and get the relative photocopies in advance just in case they are required.