Jump to content

Transfer extension stamp to new passport


Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

Is it possible to transfer extension stamp (not visa)  to a new passport at Suvarnabhum before boarding a flight to an other country ?

How does it work ? Maybe IO will just stamp exit stamp on new passport right ?

 

I don’t think i need to go to CW for that 🤔

 

thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

Needs to be done at CW.

If you have not done it. Carry both passports when leaving.

Edited by Lite Beer
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to CW but as my last stamp was made at Phuket immigration, the IO toldme i have to go to Phuket to transfer on new passport. 
i told her do i really need to go to Phuket only to transfer stamp ?

Then she called her superior who told me i can simply do at Suvarnabhum at least 2 hours before boarding a flight out of country. I asked 4-5 times if she was sure about that and she said yes.

 

so, who to believe ? 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites

I did this at Suvarnbhumi 11 days ago. I presented both PP's to the I/O, he then sent me to a desk where another I/O assisted me with completing a form for notification of new passport, taking a fresh photos/fingerprints, and putting new stamps in the new PP noting the carry-over from the old PP. It took a bit over 20 minutes to get it done.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, hotchilli said:

When you get a new passport you're given a letter with it.

Take said letter and passport to your provincial immigration office.

They will transfer any required stamps to the new passport and enter the new passport details into the system.

This is done free of charge.

As you say except at Huahin office I had to get multiple copies of both passport scans and pay 500 thb. Took about 30 minutes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RocketDog said:

As you say except at Huahin office I had to get multiple copies of both passport scans and pay 500 thb. Took about 30 minutes.

Wow.  Did you get a "receipt" for the 500 baht?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, mark5335 said:

I did this at Suvarnbhumi 11 days ago.  I presented both PP's to the I/O, he then sent me to a desk where another I/O assisted me with completing a form for notification of new passport.......

Surprised.

I was under impression that stamps must be transfered at immigration office where extension, reentry permit etc was issued.

In your case you had visa information placed into new pp along with current extension stamp etc? 

Did you have a reentry permit also. 

 

If this is possible I'm really surprised that folk don't just use the airport to transfer stamps when they have a trip out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Lite Beer said:

Good luck with that one.

Chaengwattana is fairly  reliable. I've had my stamps transferred twice, plus done the same for my wife and son and never been charged.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Surprised.

I was under impression that stamps must be transfered at immigration office where extension, reentry permit etc was issued.

In your case you had visa information placed into new pp along with current extension stamp etc? 

Did you have a reentry permit also. 

 

If this is possible I'm really surprised that folk don't just use the airport to transfer stamps when they have a trip out. 

Indeed.  Doesn't sound right to me. If correct, I'd imagine loads of people would prefer this to having to visit Immigration.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Indeed.  Doesn't sound right to me. If correct, I'd imagine loads of people would prefer this to having to visit Immigration.

Indeed.

When I last had stamps transferred I just traveled with both passports for many months flying out every month.

Did that to avoid trip to CW as not very convenient.

Had them transferred when time for extension.

Hopefully our man ubonjoe can clear it up..

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Hopefully our man ubonjoe can clear it up..

 

19 hours ago, mark5335 said:

I did this at Suvarnbhumi 11 days ago. I presented both PP's to the I/O, he then sent me to a desk where another I/O assisted me with completing a form for notification of new passport, taking a fresh photos/fingerprints, and putting new stamps in the new PP noting the carry-over from the old PP. It took a bit over 20 minutes to get it done.

Where did you get your new passport? Here from your embassy or in your home country?

I think it will be different if you left the country showing both passports and then returning with both of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RocketDog said:

As you say except at Huahin office I had to get multiple copies of both passport scans and pay 500 thb. Took about 30 minutes.

You were robbed..

I gave both passports and the letter to the officer, he transferred the stamps, entered info onto the system and that was it.. 5 minutes no charge.

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, SebBkk said:

Then she called her superior who told me i can simply do at Suvarnabhum at least 2 hours before boarding a flight out of country

Absolutely correct

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Surprised.

I was under impression that stamps must be transfered at immigration office where extension, reentry permit etc was issued.

I too have done it at DMK (Jan 2020)

 

The officer escorted me to the re entry desk and another officer transferred my extension of stay on the spot.

 

Took around 30 minutes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, DrJoy said:

I too have done it at DMK (Jan 2020)

 

The officer escorted me to the re entry desk and another officer transferred my extension of stay on the spot.

 

Took around 30 minutes.

When I had my stamps transferred at CW (where they were issued)....no problem, however when I then went to reentry permit counter at CW they told me that they couldn't transfer my reentry permit as it was issued at DMK.

As someone else also posted above...very surprised that option of transferring at airport is possible. 

Never seen it mentioned in reports and transfer of stamps to new pp comes up often. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did it back in May 2022. It was easy and fast  While it says free at Uthai Thani Immigration I was charged 500THB with no receipt.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

 

Where did you get your new passport? Here from your embassy or in your home country?

I think it will be different if you left the country showing both passports and then returning with both of them.

I received my new passport from the embassy in Bangkok in June, I then flew out to Phnom Penh at end of July (but haven't been back to the passport issuing country for a few years now).

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

You were robbed..

I gave both passports and the letter to the officer, he transferred the stamps, entered info onto the system and that was it.. 5 minutes no charge.

That was the case at our IO.  Only takes a few new up starts posted in and voila ABC kicks in. Fee now 500B and our office still insists on new TM30 when re-entry here and arrive back home.... Phetch.... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, mark5335 said:

I received my new passport from the embassy in Bangkok in June, I then flew out to Phnom Penh at end of July (but haven't been back to the passport issuing country for a few years now).

In earlier post you described having stamps transferred at BKK airport.

So what stamp was transferred.

 

I'm thinking you don't have 12 month extension stamp and reentry permit? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Never seen it mentioned in reports and transfer of stamps to new pp comes up often. 

Perhaps 99% get it done at their respective Immi Offices.

 

I had my new PP and old PP (with extension of stay based on marriage).

 

I requested the officer for a re entry, he looked at my PPs briefly and informed that, first my extension needs to be transferred to the new PP and then they would stamp re entry.

 

He escorted me to the re entry desk where another IO made me fill a form (link below).

Transfer done free of charge.

 

2 full pages of my new PP were filled with Annotations. Paid 1000 baht for single RE and was "Waied" off.

 

 

 

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Transfer-Stamp-to-New-Passport-Form.pdf

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DrJoy said:

Perhaps 99% get it done at their respective Immi Offices

I'm finding this strange.

Prior to your post I put it down to misunderstanding.

That those with just transferring last entry stamp could do this at airport as they exit ... whereas those with extensions (eg annual extensions retirement or marriage) would need to do this at immigration office where extension was issued.

 

So begs the question why are there not lot more reports of having it done at departure from airports..

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/11/2022 at 9:05 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

Wow.  Did you get a "receipt" for the 500 baht?

No. Frankly I don't care about the $15 or about challenging people at immigration over such trivia.

Up to you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, hotchilli said:

You were robbed..

I gave both passports and the letter to the officer, he transferred the stamps, entered info onto the system and that was it.. 5 minutes no charge.

Good for you. Some replies here show that it depends on the office.

Either way the $15 means nothing to me. I have zero interest in challenging immigration over trivial things.

My goal is to make my life as easy as possible and to enjoy my life here.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

And that's why they're able to do it! 🙄

So you think if every expat resisted such fees they would stop charging them?

Very amusing theory.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...