British man recounts shocking encounter with racist Russians in Phuket

webfact

Russian general attitude and manners are serverely lacking in my experience, they have a feeling of greatness and superiority which is misguided especially now since they are getting their ass handed to them in Ukraine and it is being exposed on the world stage - how embarrassing,

They are now starting to realise they are not so great and in fact are nothing at all, they made a huge error invading Ukraine and are paying the embarrassing price - humiliation, a hard pill to swallow

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

One often hears farangs in bars, pubs or girl clubs in Bangkok or Hua HIn, mouthing disgusting things against other foreigners or speaking ill of people with different skin colour.

But the funniest bit is that these racist farangs are mainly uncomfortable with themselves in the fact they never made it in their home country and the fact that they feel sort of embarassed secretly as they usually have thai gf's/wives.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, Middle Aged Grouch said:

One often hears farangs in bars, pubs or girl clubs in Bangkok or Hua HIn, mouthing disgusting things against other foreigners or speaking ill of people with different skin colour.

But the funniest bit is that these racist farangs are mainly uncomfortable with themselves in the fact they never made it in their home country and the fact that they feel sort of embarassed secretly as they usually have thai gf's/wives.

Well, stop mixing with them, have drink at a respectable place, there must be one near you (or perhaps not).....????

As for you knowing how folk feel, I think you are talking rollox.....:unsure:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You need to read the whole story , rather than just reading the headlines , to understand the story 

i read the whole story.

Brit guy made a fuss wanting 'his music' and got called a name.

No big deal IMHO, it's not like anyone called him a 'Farang'.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Middle Aged Grouch said:

From your post I gather you're an anti-white racist!

5 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

A British man recounted an unsettling encounter with some racist Russians in Phuket, southern Thailand. His unfortunate experience has led him to declare that he will never return to the island.

The British man, who shared his story on the Reddit platform under the username Wanderlust3r0, started his narrative by stating he is a black British man with a Thai wife.

“I have been coming to Thailand for the last ten years and this is the first time I have experienced racism, not from my Thais but from Russians in Phuket.”

The British man explained that Phuket is his wife’s home province. He met his wife in 2016 and visited her from time to time until February 2020, when she moved to live with him in the UK. Over these years, he had never experienced racial discrimination in Phuket until a visit this year.

The British man said he and his wife arrived in Phuket in mid-September and stayed near Karon and Kata beaches. He felt discriminated against on several occasions when using the services of various restaurants and later discovered that the discrimination was not from locals but from Russians who now own many businesses in the province.

by Petch Petpailin

Photo by Alexander Kaufmann via Unsplash and Facebook/ Kata Printing.

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-10-03

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Was the soapdodger drunk and giving it large ?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

i read the whole story.

Brit guy made a fuss wanting 'his music' and got called a name.

No big deal IMHO, it's not like anyone called him a 'Farang'.

You need to read the full thread and replies  , I replied to a poster who claimed that it wasn't racist because Brits and Russians are the same race and I suggested that he read about what happened 

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, transam said:

Perhaps just be quiet when a coloured chap is involved, eh...????

so he's exaggerated the situation as a shocking encounter because they didn't want to hear his sh_t music ...

Go back to Brixton I say .....   ????

have a whinge and get some publicity ....   

why make a big deal out of something as trivial as that ....    Lol

Edited by steven100
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, steven100 said:

so he's exaggerated the situation as a shocking encounter because they didn't want to hear his sh_t music ...

Go back to Brixton I say .....   ????

have a whinge and get some publicity ....   

why make a big deal out of something as trivial as that ....    Lol

Why not pop down to Phuket and tell him yourself to go back to Brixton ?

If you also went back to where you came from , you could both be on the same flight back home ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1