ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

2 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

But on the other hand Bkk Brian, you're more than happy to except any info from Israeli forces, IDF etc etc  which is only looking at it from your point of view. 

This is a war zone, any press reporters look like fair game for Israeli forces, there are reports of snipers targeting and also bombing of the press in Gaza.

https://cpj.org/2023/11/journalist-casualties-in-the-israel-gaza-conflict/

https://reliefweb.int/report/occupied-palestinian-territory/rsf-files-complaint-icc-war-crimes-against-journalists-palestine-and-israel

From what I noticed, most of the deaths reported are due to Israeli airstrikes. Don't see how reporters (and looking at list, I use the term loosely) could be singled out and 'protected'. There would be no way to guarantee their safety, as was acknowledged and warned by Israel.

2 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Going back to 1942 might be fine if it was to do with the Nazi Holocaust during WW2 but this is 2023, 81 years after those events, which nobody is denying was a blight on the Human race of that time.

What I find strange is your total disregard of all the mainstream media in the wests total support of Israel without acknowledging that the opposition also has a right to report on any atrocities from your side, without you calling it out as antisemitic propaganda, as in all conflicts there are 2 sides to every story.

Western media routinely carries out reports on Israeli attacks in the Gaza Strip, often highlighting Palestinian suffering, and allegations of Israeli war crimes. That you say 'total support' is simply not true. Maybe what you mean is that they don't have enough sensationalist headlines or that criticism vs. Israel is not as vehement as you'd like.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, paddypower said:

you're right. maybe oppression is an out of date concept. and all the talk and  negotiations have been in bad faith. Slag me if anyone wishes for writing this - but one group has a country (created artificially by the Balfour Agreement, the British & US governments of the day and the Rothschilds). The other group does not.  

The moment you start going on about 'the Rothschilds' is when your post becomes suspect.

The other group could have made better choices at many historical junctions. Almost always, they took the wrong turn.

• Thumbs Up 2

The entrance to one of the Hamas tunnels at the Sheikh Hamad hospital in Gaza. To say none of the health workers inside knows is ignorance. Video also in the source of rockets being fired directly from a hospital.

This is from the official substack site of Lt. Col. Richard Hecht International Spokesperson of the Israel Defense Forces.

https://idfspokesperson.substack.com/p/when-the-world-gets-played

https://www.idf.il/en

https://twitter.com/LtColRichard

image.png.308472466e564b464c28379efd9482dc.png

1 hour ago, proton said:

What have Israel done against the people of Gaza? they LEFT it in 2005, after Egypt refused to take it back!

Are you serious? The reality of life in Gaza is dire. Sure, the blockade put in place and airstrike carried out by Israel may be a response to Hamas actions - but as far as the local population is concerned, and whether they hold Hamas responsible or not, it's still things Israel does. In my experience, people are quite capable of blaming more than one party for things.

• Like 1

Just now, Jeff the Chef said:

So as you say "It's none of my business" and I will say to you, what? This is a debate about the current crisis, is it not? Yes I  check all sources not only Israeli or Hamas, and Googling is not your friend it is whatever they want you to know, whether it is right or wrong they are only wanting to you follow their paymasters.

As for being on Topic, are you for real?

Don't care what sources you check....lol. You may think this is a debate about the current crisis but you've narrowed it down to Israeli sources, I've already explained. Enough time wasting, bye Chef

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

Are you serious? The reality of life in Gaza is dire. Sure, the blockade put in place and airstrike carried out by Israel may be a response to Hamas actions - but as far as the local population is concerned, and whether they hold Hamas responsible or not, it's still things Israel does. In my experience, people are quite capable of blaming more than one party for things.

If it's dire it's due to Hamas spending billions on tunnels and rockets, they have put nothing into developing the place except to turn it into a launching pad for terror. Hamas don't care about the population, if they did why no bomb shelters? So what are these 'things Israel does' that makes Gaza dire, apart from defending itself?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, proton said:

If it's dire it's due to Hamas spending billions on tunnels and rockets, they have put nothing into developing the place except to turn it into a launching pad for terror. Hamas don't care about the population, if they did why no bomb shelters? So what are these 'things Israel does' that makes Gaza dire, apart from defending itself?

I have addressed that. Hamas contributing more than its fair share for the population's misery is one thing. Israel being the direct cause of daily suffering in the Gaza Strip is another. I'm suggesting it's quite understandable Gazans could have issues with both. Claiming Israel doesn't do anything 'bad' there is laughable. Israel may have it's reasons (and I think they are good ones), but there's no need to ignore the effect on the population or how this is seen by Gazans.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Morch said:

I have addressed that. Hamas contributing more than its fair share for the population's misery is one thing. Israel being the direct cause of daily suffering in the Gaza Strip is another. I'm suggesting it's quite understandable Gazans could have issues with both. Claiming Israel doesn't do anything 'bad' there is laughable. Israel may have it's reasons (and I think they are good ones), but there's no need to ignore the effect on the population or how this is seen by Gazans.

So what 'bad' things has Israel done over the past 18 years to the people of Gaza which was not connected with self defence?

• Confused 2

45 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Some of my best friends.........

Outed even more.

the expression is as old as the hills. ''some of my best friends are (fill in the blank).'' You're quite naive, for a keyboard warrior. It was meant in jest - like shooting fish in a barrel 555

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, paddypower said:

the expression is as old as the hills. ''some of my best friends are (fill in the blank).'' You're quite naive, for a keyboard warrior. It was meant in jest - like shooting fish in a barrel 555

Many a truth is said in jest.

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The entrance to one of the Hamas tunnels at the Sheikh Hamad hospital in Gaza. To say none of the health workers inside knows is ignorance. Video also in the source of rockets being fired directly from a hospital.

This is from the official substack site of Lt. Col. Richard Hecht International Spokesperson of the Israel Defense Forces.

https://idfspokesperson.substack.com/p/when-the-world-gets-played

https://www.idf.il/en

https://twitter.com/LtColRichard

image.png.308472466e564b464c28379efd9482dc.png

"Breaking: Footage of Hamas terrorists opening fire at Israeli forces from the Sheikh Hamed hospital in Gaza. 

Hamas continues to intentionally harm civilians in Gaza by exploiting hospitals for terror purposes. "

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Morch said:

There's that.

But then again when it quacks like a duck...

when you have nothing to add that is useful to anyone on this thread, just say nothing. Mostly, you're quite imaginative - but here, it is like you are fishing for brownie points or you're addicted to making cheap shots.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Don't care what sources you check....lol. You may think this is a debate about the current crisis but you've narrowed it down to Israeli sources, I've already explained. Enough time wasting, bye Chef

You explained nothing as usual. So no debate from you as expected, bye bye Bkk Brian 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, proton said:

So what 'bad' things has Israel done over the past 18 years to the people of Gaza which was not connected with self defence?

Yawn.

I've addressed this twice just above. If you insist on ignoring my point, that's up to you.

Pro-hint: It's not about how Israel, you, or I see things.

• Thumbs Up 1

Jordan says air force dropped urgent medical aid to Gaza

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/jordan-says-air-force-dropped-urgent-medical-aid-gaza-2023-11-06/

This was surely coordinated with Israel (had to cross Israeli airspace), and was probably allowed as cargo could be vetted. Would also be a diplomatic gesture from Israel toward the King of Jordan - allowing him to be seen as doing something for the Palestinians in Gaza, and taking off some of his domestic political pressure (the majority of Jordan's population is Palestinian).

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Morch said:

The moment you start going on about 'the Rothschilds' is when your post becomes suspect.

The other group could have made better choices at many historical junctions. Almost always, they took the wrong turn.

First, let me congratulate you, seeing  that you have your own special version of Encyclopedia Britannica.. Next, let's get some facts in the way of your specious remark about my post being 'suspect'.  The Balfour agreement of 1917 was just a letter - from Britain's Foreign Sectary to Lord Rothschild, a leader of the British Jewish community. It was followed by a public statement issued by the British government, announcing its support for the establishment of a "national home for the Jewish people" in Palestine, then an Ottoman region with a small minority Jewish population. I called it an artificial basis for a country - as ''national home is not an internationally defined term. Even today, you have the UN on the one side arguing that the Israeli settlers land grabs are illegal. The updated Balfour Declaration of 1948 meant that the Palestinians faced the prospect of being outnumbered by unlimited immigration, and of losing control of Palestine to the Zionist drive for sole sovereignty over a country that was then almost completely Arab in population and culture. refs: (wilki) and The Consequences of the Balfour Declaration, by Avi Shlaim (2005). At this stage, your next responses is likely to be a bare bones boring reply. Realizing that I cannot add anything of any interest to this thread, I'm abandoning it now. as Richard Nixon once said, 'you wont have me to kick around anymore'.

16 minutes ago, paddypower said:

First, let me congratulate you, seeing  that you have your own special version of Encyclopedia Britannica.. Next, let's get some facts in the way of your specious remark about my post being 'suspect'.  The Balfour agreement of 1917 was just a letter - from Britain's Foreign Sectary to Lord Rothschild, a leader of the British Jewish community. It was followed by a public statement issued by the British government, announcing its support for the establishment of a "national home for the Jewish people" in Palestine, then an Ottoman region with a small minority Jewish population. I called it an artificial basis for a country - as ''national home is not an internationally defined term. Even today, you have the UN on the one side arguing that the Israeli settlers land grabs are illegal. The updated Balfour Declaration of 1948 meant that the Palestinians faced the prospect of being outnumbered by unlimited immigration, and of losing control of Palestine to the Zionist drive for sole sovereignty over a country that was then almost completely Arab in population and culture. refs: (wilki) and The Consequences of the Balfour Declaration, by Avi Shlaim (2005). At this stage, your next responses is likely to be a bare bones boring reply. Realizing that I cannot add anything of any interest to this thread, I'm abandoning it now. as Richard Nixon once said, 'you wont have me to kick around anymore'.

There are facts, and there's how one presents or interprets them.

Other than your post not being on topic (this is about a current event, not exploring the entirety of it's historical roots). it also incorporates comments, terms and catchphrases indicating a biased take. Now, that's not surprising, since you've already made your leanings on these matters public.

I think that when people go on about 'the Rothschilds' it's a safe bet to assume where it's coming from and what it relates to. Especially when it's not even germane to the point you might have been trying to make.

There was no Palestinian control over the area in question, there was no unlimited immigration allowed by the British, and from an early point most of what discussed wasn't 'sole' Zionist sovereignty.

The more you post, the more it becomes obvious that your issues with Israel run deeper and wider than previously acknowledged.

Again, not surprising.

• Thanks 2