Obtaining a Residence Certificate without a yellow house book

Is it possible to obtain a Residence Certificate (for a driving license) without having a yellow house book?

I have the title deeds to the condo, showing I am the owner, and the blue book. But not the yellow book, which I haven't got round to doing yet.

• Confused 3

14 hours ago, lungbing said:

Do you need a certificate if you have a yellow book?

If you have a yellow book you can get a pink ID card, then you should not need the cert. but some LTO still have a 20yr old rule book. 

Just to add I recently registered a car in my name with a pink card.

Edited by brianthainess

13 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Years back not. 

In recent times to obtain TDL you will need a certificate of residence 

Depends on the office and if they will allow your ID number on the driving licence as opposed to your passport number.

Passport & CoR is the more likely but some still accepting ID card & Tabian Baan.

5 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

If you have a yellow book you can get a pink ID card, then you should not need the cert. but some LTO still have a 20yr old rule book. 

Not necessarily a 20yr old rule.

Chonburi used to be ID & Tabian Baan but changed about 2 years ago just before I renewed mine. I know someone who went a couple of weeks before me and he got the licence with ID number but they told my wife it was new regulations.

Only positive was I had to go to immigration a couple of weeks later so combined the trip which took me past my birthday, got 6 years on the licence rather than the 5.

6 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Not necessarily a 20yr old rule.

Chonburi used to be ID & Tabian Baan but changed about 2 years ago just before I renewed mine. I know someone who went a couple of weeks before me and he got the licence with ID number but they told my wife it was new regulations.

Only positive was I had to go to immigration a couple of weeks later so combined the trip which took me past my birthday, got 6 years on the licence rather than the 5.

One office I went to, one officer said Ok, next day different officer no can not, she produced a tattered wad of A4s stapled together off I went to immigration who phoned that woman, she would not back down, even having spoken to my local Amphur office on the phone. Off I went to the next nearest, office no probs. 

6 hours ago, brianthainess said:

One office I went to, one officer said Ok, next day different officer no can not, she produced a tattered wad of A4s stapled together off I went to immigration who phoned that woman, she would not back down, even having spoken to my local Amphur office on the phone. Off I went to the next nearest, office no probs. 

My next nearest, which is actually quicker, is Pattaya and they have always asked for CoR.

I went there for first licence and they rejected my medical certificate because it was from doctor in Chonburi, not Pattaya. 

As you say, drove back to Chonburi in the afternoon and got it there without a problem, a few years ago now. 

• Thumbs Up 1