Does anyone know if America sending anti air missiles to israel is affecting US supplies to Ukraine?

thaibeachlovers

The israeli conflict is certainly going to affect artillery shells that will be diverted to israel from Ukraine.

One couldn't make it up.

I'd love to be in the room with Zelensky when he was told about that!

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/22/us/politics/israel-ukraine-weapons.html

With his prime-time vow to send more weapons to both Ukraine and Israel, President Biden sought to make clear on Thursday that the United States was not prioritizing one war over the other.

But hours earlier, a Defense Department official said that tens of thousands of 155-millimeter artillery shells promised to Ukraine would be diverted to Israel.

One wonders why israel needs tens of thousands of shells to defeat a few lightly armed Hamas fighters?

Is the israeli army not actually as good as they always claim?

19 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The israeli conflict is certainly going to affect artillery shells that will be diverted to israel from Ukraine.

One couldn't make it up.

I'd love to be in the room with Zelensky when he was told about that!

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/22/us/politics/israel-ukraine-weapons.html

With his prime-time vow to send more weapons to both Ukraine and Israel, President Biden sought to make clear on Thursday that the United States was not prioritizing one war over the other.

But hours earlier, a Defense Department official said that tens of thousands of 155-millimeter artillery shells promised to Ukraine would be diverted to Israel.

One wonders why israel needs tens of thousands of shells to defeat a few lightly armed Hamas fighters?

Is the israeli army not actually as good as they always claim?

Perhaps Israel needs to have a stock of shells ready in case ANOther nation decides now is a time to attack Israel.

Regardless, I wouldn’t bet against the US armaments manufacturers being able to increase production to meet demand.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

thaibeachlovers has pages of people on ignore then expects debates with posters.....555

On 10/19/2023 at 8:10 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

No replies, so I guess we'll find out if Russian missiles get through at an increased rate, but that may be a while as seems the news organisations have abandoned Ukraine for now.

• Haha 2

On 10/14/2023 at 7:15 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

If they are sending Iron Dome missiles to Israel which has had to defend against thousands of rockets, are there enough for the US to continue supplying Ukraine?

More than enough stockpiles. Not to mention efficient logistics & the ongoing production of newer better ordnance and weapons systems. 

On 10/14/2023 at 7:15 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

If they are sending Iron Dome missiles to Israel which has had to defend against thousands of rockets, are there enough for the US to continue supplying Ukraine? The US has to keep enough for it's own defense.

Since the israeli/ Gaza conflict started the news about Ukraine has stopped.

The Iron Dome rocket defence system was invented by an Israeli company in Israel and Israel sends them to the USA , Israel then shared their technology and began co producing them in the USA with a USA company 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, KhunLA said:

'Thousands of rockets' ... 😂

I'm not sure what point you are making with that, but Hezbollah has enough to overwhelm the israeli air defences if they send enough at once. The risk for israel at the moment is the fighting on the northern border expands into a war with Iran via Hezbollah, IMO.

18 hours ago, BenStark said:

I thought you just miswrote your post, because even if he has the whole forum on ignore, they still see his posts

I'd be quite happy if they all put me on ignore so I don't have to see their posts when someone quotes them.

There are enough not on ignore to still have a discussion.

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm not sure what point you are making with that, but Hezbollah has enough to overwhelm the israeli air defences if they send enough at once. The risk for israel at the moment is the fighting on the northern border expands into a war with Iran via Hezbollah, IMO.

I read as past tense, and you were implying they have already stopped 1000s of rockets this past few weeks...

... "which has had to defend against thousands of rockets"

Just the potential danger, which couldn't be stopped anyway, as doubt if they have enough launchers, let alone rockets.  They only hold 20 rocket per launcher.

I'm kind of hoping Israel loses this battle and leaves the Middle East permanently.   Maybe USA can give them New Jersey.  Then the Palestinians can live in peace once again.

Hey, one can always dream  ... 😎

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I read as past tense, and you were implying they have already stopped 1000s of rockets this past few weeks...

... "which has had to defend against thousands of rockets"

Just the potential danger, which couldn't be stopped anyway, as doubt if they have enough launchers, let alone rockets.  They only hold 20 rocket per launcher.

I'm kind of hoping Israel loses this battle and leaves the Middle East permanently.   Maybe USA can give them New Jersey.  Then the Palestinians can live in peace once again.

Hey, one can always dream  ... 😎

I don't think the US wants the israelis, which is why it tries so hard to keep them far, far away.

• Haha 1