Ozempic - Anyone here tried it?

1FinickyOne

Just now, Gaccha said:

I have met plenty of extremely obese expats who were deeply in love with themselves, so having the perfect weight, or observing that you have the perfect weight, is not a prerequisite for loving yourself nor a sign of loving the self.

Absolutely bizarre.

On 10/17/2023 at 5:26 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Usually being overweight \ obese leads to health conditions eventually

The levels of psychological denial against your simple yet true claim you make here are remarkable.

Just being overweight (a BMI of over 25) considerably increases the risk of the following:

High LDL cholesterol, low HDL cholesterol, or high levels of triglycerides (dyslipidemia); Type 2 diabetes; Coronary heart disease; Stroke; Gallbladder disease; Osteoarthritis; Sleep apnea and breathing problems; Many types of cancer; Mental illness such as clinical depression, anxiety, and other mental disorders; Body pain and difficulty with physical functioning.

... and increased risk of death from Covid. In fact, almost all the risk factors with Covid depended on being overweight.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

Thank you wannabe doctor but you are wrong.

Never believe anything anybody says...ALWAYS test it YOURSELF.

Me, I've been eating one meal a day for more than 20 years. I guess that's kind of a test.

I'm open..let's see yours...! 

(you've got my name)

55 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

The levels of psychological denial against your simple yet true claim you make here are remarkable.

Just being overweight (a BMI of over 25) considerably increases the risk of the following:

High LDL cholesterol, low HDL cholesterol, or high levels of triglycerides (dyslipidemia); Type 2 diabetes; Coronary heart disease; Stroke; Gallbladder disease; Osteoarthritis; Sleep apnea and breathing problems; Many types of cancer; Mental illness such as clinical depression, anxiety, and other mental disorders; Body pain and difficulty with physical functioning.

... and increased risk of death from Covid. In fact, almost all the risk factors with Covid depended on being overweight.

Yes they prefer to shoot the messenger

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

Overweight and obese are two totally different things. Of course, since you are an expert and a physician you know it all. Right?

Overweight is 'over-weight'.

Obesity is 'extremely overweight'.

It's NOT Newtonian Physics...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, tkramer said:

Me, I've been eating one meal a day for more than 20 years. I guess that's kind of a test.

(you've got my name)

You do much exercise? I couldn't have 1 meal unless I really binged which isn't great

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

You do much exercise? I couldn't have 1 meal unless I really binged which isn't great

maybe if you ate a little more, you might not be so mean and sour... people make different choices. I would much rather be a little over weight, enjoy my meals, be more jolly than be skinny and sour all the time. You know, there can be joys in kindness and joys in giving to help other people... a few extra pounds is not the leprosy you make it out to be.. 

12 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

maybe if you ate a little more, you might not be so mean and sour... people make different choices. I would much rather be a little over weight, enjoy my meals, be more jolly than be skinny and sour all the time. You know, there can be joys in kindness and joys in giving to help other people... a few extra pounds is not the leprosy you make it out to be.. 

Is the Obesity Paradox Real or a Myth? (nutritionfacts.org)

Alternate-Day Intermittent Fasting Put to the Test (nutritionfacts.org)

One of several simple tests I perform just about every 30 days (I'm 75 years old) to confirm that I am maintaing my health.

The laggard's will complain that it is not a legitimate test.

Go  away...!

Try the McDonald's/ Pizza Hut test...on your own time.

I love controversy...especially with ignorant people...!

Edited by tkramer

4 hours ago, Gaccha said:

You are confusing his willingness to take his time to help others with the desire to steal your enjoyment of the little things in life.

Not really - this is part of a long conversation where he has shown that he despises fat people and enjoys trying to shame them... My contention at this juncture is telling him that even if people do not hold his values - there is no reason to treat them in a mean and mocking fashion... Even if people are obese through their own poor habits, they really don't need someone mocking them. Everyone has feelings. 

I have known some wonderful people who were obese and they suffered from fat shamers... fortunately, they have turned their lives around, but they still carry the scars of people who think they are superior because they don't have that same problem.. 

I dropped 11 kilos in 6 weeks.  I eat 1000 calories a day of anything I want and walk an hour a day.  The secret is making your own meals.  Learn the secrets of tasty low cal cooking and leave the quick fixes to the masses. Delicious Thai pork jowls was in the menu tonight and will be freezer vacuum packed in portion control sizes.

Could contain:

12 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Sure, what's a little overweight? What's your BMI? or are you one of those it doesn't apply to

7 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

this is part of a long conversation where he has shown that he despises fat people and enjoys trying to shame them... My contention at this juncture is telling him that even if people do not hold his values - there is no reason to treat them in a mean and mocking fashion... Even if people are obese through their own poor habits, they really don't need someone mocking them. Everyone has feelings. 

Why can't you and others change those poor habits?

• Haha 1

On 10/20/2023 at 6:13 AM, tkramer said:

Overweight is 'over-weight'.

Obesity is 'extremely overweight'.

It's NOT Newtonian Physics...

And you aren't NEWTON mister "I only eat one mean a day". SO MANY doctors would tell you that isn't healthy but since you are a know-it-all.... carry on. Keep believing you know better. Good luck to you.

• Sad 1

On 10/20/2023 at 11:48 AM, LikeItHot said:

I dropped 11 kilos in 6 weeks.  I eat 1000 calories a day of anything I want and walk an hour a day.  The secret is making your own meals.  Learn the secrets of tasty low cal cooking and leave the quick fixes to the masses. Delicious Thai pork jowls was in the menu tonight and will be freezer vacuum packed in portion control sizes.

Could contain:

Pork jowls? Is that all you can afford? So few years a person spends on this Earth and you are eating sh!t food. Sad. 

On 10/20/2023 at 6:09 AM, tkramer said:

(you've got my name)

COOKOO!!!!

16 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

And you aren't NEWTON mister "I only eat one mean a day". SO MANY doctors would tell you that isn't healthy but since you are a know-it-all.... carry on. Keep believing you know better. Good luck to you.

Actually, my name is Todd Kramer Newton...let's get together and share an apple...

Most doctors I meet today are 'fat' to 'obese'. 

4 years of pre-med...4 years of med...2 years of internship...8 hours of 'Nutrition' study.

Next time you are in the company of a 'doctor', ask him how many hours he has had studying nutrition...?

Then, get back to me...!

YOU aren't Socrates, but you might be Crusty The Clown...

Edited by tkramer

2 hours ago, tkramer said:

Actually, my name is Todd Kramer Newton...let's get together and share an apple...

Most doctors I meet today are 'fat' to 'obese'. 

4 years of pre-med...4 years of med...2 years of internship...8 hours of 'Nutrition' study.

Next time you are in the company of a 'doctor', ask him how many hours he has had studying nutrition...?

Then, get back to me...!

YOU aren't Socrates, but you might be Crusty The Clown...

All that "supposed" education yet you still have the intellect and personality of a child. Have a great day Sir Isaac!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/16/2023 at 1:29 AM, 1FinickyOne said:

My brother reported weight loss - 

Is it available here? At what cost? 

I buy the dry semaglutide peptide and reconstitute it myself. It's less than 3000 baht per 5mg vial. OMG does it work. Magic for blood sugar and all that gut fat is nearly gone!

i stopped using it. afyere the initial 6kg loss it stopped working. it was 10 000bht a month and i would have had to augment my dosage which made it too expensive.

2 hours ago, mamypoko said:

I buy the dry semaglutide peptide and reconstitute it myself. It's less than 3000 baht per 5mg vial. OMG does it work. Magic for blood sugar and all that gut fat is nearly gone!

what process do you follow to reconstitute ___ I am very interested.

1 hour ago, Pouatchee said:

i stopped using it. afyere the initial 6kg loss it stopped working. it was 10 000bht a month and i would have had to augment my dosage which made it too expensive.

what process do you follow to reconstitute ___ I am very interested.

reconstitute with bacteriostatic water.