Ozempic - Anyone here tried it?

1FinickyOne

Weight loss: Wegovy.

Diabetes: Ozempic.

Both have no studies about long time side effects. And that could be everything, even blind less or stomach issues of greater dimensions.

Side pack letter gives a hint to these effects already….

Edited by Tom H
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

First 3 answers from people who know nothing...

@1FinickyOne: Yes, I startet using it, now on 0.5, soon going to 1.0 per injection.

Yes, it helps reduce appetite and keeps your stomach full longer, so you feel full faster when you eat, the only side effect so far is when going to the toilet, big business is different than before, but manageable. It does NOT reduce weight by itself, you NEED to also change your lifestyle (sport, food choices etc), otherwise nothing will happen. You start with small dosage (0.25 per injection), then after 4 weeks you change to 0.5, again 4 weeks later to 0.1. Effects will not be felt immediately, it takes time. 

It is available in many hospitals (i.e. Bangkok Pattaya Hospital) or through Pulse Clinic (Pattaya or BKK), third option (mine) is CM Mediclinic Chiang Mai.

Costs were given to me by BPH and Pulse Clinic as 13K Baht per Pen, plus costs for initial doctor appointment (1'500) and necessary blood tests (2K).

Cost from CM Mediclinic was 8-9K per Pen (different size), I could send blood tests (diabetes, cholesterol and others) from my own records, since I do those tests regulary in a lab, and doctor consultancy was online for 500 Baht. After order of and payment for the Pen, it arrived in cooled box within 3 days. 

Disclaimer: My post is no recommendation to use, only facts from my own experience

Dont take 1.0….

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Tom H said:

Weight loss: Wegovy.

Diabetes: Ozempic.

Both have no studies about long time side effects. And that could be everything, even blind less or stomach issues of greater dimensions.

Side pack letter gives a hint to these effects already….

Wegovy and Ozempic both have semaglutide as main component. Looking at the side effects described, I do not see much difference. Actually, I found an independent article on UCHealth that says:

It’s correct that Wegovy and Ozempic are two names for the same drug: semaglutide. Ozempic is the name of the drug as prescribed for people with diabetes. The FDA approved Ozempic for people with diabetes in 2017 and approved Wegovy for people who have obesity or are overweight and have additional health problems in 2021. “They are just prescribed under different names with slightly different doses and different indications,” Low Wang said. “The drug product itself is the same.”

And why should I not go to 1mg injection of Ozempic, if the FDA approved dose for Wegovy is 2.4mg weekly? Please provide us with your profound medical or other knowledge about not using the dose prescribed?

Wegovy btw is not yet approved by the Thai FDA, only Ozempic is. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

Wegovy and Ozempic both have semaglutide as main component. Looking at the side effects described, I do not see much difference. Actually, I found an independent article on UCHealth that says:

It’s correct that Wegovy and Ozempic are two names for the same drug: semaglutide. Ozempic is the name of the drug as prescribed for people with diabetes. The FDA approved Ozempic for people with diabetes in 2017 and approved Wegovy for people who have obesity or are overweight and have additional health problems in 2021. “They are just prescribed under different names with slightly different doses and different indications,” Low Wang said. “The drug product itself is the same.”

And why should I not go to 1mg injection of Ozempic, if the FDA approved dose for Wegovy is 2.4mg weekly? Please provide us with your profound medical or other knowledge about not using the dose prescribed?

Wegovy btw is not yet approved by the Thai FDA, only Ozempic is. 

Well I take Ozempic since 6 months for Diab2 and checked many studies. The difference between 0.5 and 1.0 in terms of effects is not 100% more as you might think. It is around 20% to 30%. Not worth it when you consider you have to take it a life long:) and yes, I do have (a profound) medical background. 

Why do you think a good doctor is asking you about your eyes before he subscribe it?

Or why do you think Ex-PM Boris Johnson stop taking them? ????

Edited by Tom H
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

You can also get this product in tablet form. You take a low dose for a month to get used to it and then continue on the higher dose. The disadvantages are you have to take one every day whereas the injection is only once a week. Mounjaro (Tirzeptatide) has been proven better than Ozempic (Semaglutide) for weight loss.

Edited by Jaggg88
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

Cost from CM Mediclinic was 8-9K per Pen (different size), I could send blood tests (diabetes, cholesterol and others) from my own records, since I do those tests regulary in a lab, and doctor consultancy was online for 500 Baht. After order of and payment for the Pen, it arrived in cooled box within 3 days. 

How many baht do you figure you'll be all-in when you're finished?

• Confused 1

There is only 1 company making it, so with weight loss discovery, there is a shortage in it.

There were articles people using it for diabetic (main reason of medicine) had problems getting it, as there was a run for it to use for weight loss. Also understood for weight loss you need higher doses of it and it can come with serious side effects.

Once a neighbor woman was loosing weight on injections with another substance. That substance (?) was retrieved from the pee of pregnant women. It worked, but after stopping with it, the weight comes on again. It is/was more expensive.

No clue if they can make it now syntactically.

Once did a keto, lost 10 kg in a month. Not knowing if keto has to do with it or just the amount of cal, as it was very low in cal.

In that time I gained weight, I stopped with having cookies, deserts, sugar free cola and coffee (substitutes). DIdnt work at all. The only thing, I can think of, my food got spicier then. That would be it? 

Fact is when you fell hungry, you can eat too much in short time. So better to eat little portion and WAIT.

You will feel you had enough. You still could eat but feeling already satisfied. But you should repeat and repeat and change the way you are eating and thats a bore. But could be effective.  

You can add Chia seed to it, it expands in your stomach and so you are full, but it takes some time, you have to wait.

However now getting older, notice i can feel real hungry. eating time. For instance i make 2 burgers (in past could do 4) and im really drooling about the thought having them. But then I take 2 bites and I have enough, really weird, I finish them but against my feeling. Loosing weight? No.

But Ozempic? Guess not, to side effects, not going there. Now im having now more magnesium, as i red it could effect your food processing. Just one month , but need to have longer breath and then see.

I know about longer breath, as in the past I had statines and they effected my body really negative after half a year.

Yeah they helped lowering my cholesterol, but did more things in longer run. Never again.  

Human body , a complex machine.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I've used it. It was prescribed for both diabetes and weight loss. I lost 4 kilos but as I moved upon the doe range I could no longer tolerate the side effects. At 1mg I was nauseous all day long, not bad if your aim is only to lose weight, but after 1 month on unending nausea I quit the drug, I'd rather be fat than miserable all the time. Oh it costs about 13000 baht per syringe, 1 months dosage.

Edited by retarius
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Gym won't help enough you need to change your diet, it's 90% diet

I think that's what I just alluded to (eating healthy). You can change your diet all you want but if you don't exercise much then the weight won't disappear very quickly. It's the combination of the two that get the best results. It isn't 90% diet tho. Closer to 60-40%.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

My brother reported weight loss - 

Is it available here? At what cost? 

Don't equate a person's weight with their health. Just because a person carries a few extra pounds doesn't necessarily mean they aren't healthy. I have a friend who is about 30 - 40 pounds overweight BUT he has low cholesterol, perfect heart rate and can outrun most of us. 

9 hours ago, impulse said:

How many baht do you figure you'll be all-in when you're finished?

With testing, shipping and all, I calculate around 9K per pen which lasts for 4 weeks. Recommendation for weight loss is 9-12 months, so 39-52 weeks, therefore 10-13 pens, therefore 90-120K (all rounded, don't use calculators please)

• Like 1

I dropped 7kg over recent weight and 10kg over all time high doing nothing more 20mins of exercise daily, climbing every set of steps I could, walking 9k steps M-F and change of diet. Mostly just cut back on carbs, sugar. I'm well into my 60s as well so there's slow metabolism at play as well.

Just try.

3 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

Don't equate a person's weight with their health. Just because a person carries a few extra pounds doesn't necessarily mean they aren't healthy. I have a friend who is about 30 - 40 pounds overweight BUT he has low cholesterol, perfect heart rate and can outrun most of us. 

Lol

Couldn't outrun me that's certain. 40 pounds.. sheeeeit that half of my wife's weight.

Just bc someone has cholesterol levels a bit elevated is hardly death sentence like being fat. Especially if HDL is high.

Heart rate is important, I'll give you that