Ozempic - Anyone here tried it?

1FinickyOne

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Usually being overweight \ obese leads to health conditions eventually

Or is that called aging? Are you implying skinny people don't get sick and die? I have seen skinny people who just don't have the immune system to be well...

But, I do agree with you, for me, it is 90% diet as well, but what is true for one of us is not true for all... but of course, I would rather be a little overweight and kindly and jolly than be fit and mean... 

6 hours ago, save the frogs said:

no, it's impossible to be truly healthy with too much excess weight.

for one thing, testosterone levels drop with excess weight. 

and it causes all sorts of problems.

there's no way around it. you have to find a way to keep slim if you want to be healthy.

plus they start growing breasts with increased estrogen, just look on Buakhao, many fat falang have bigger t*its than the girls

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Or is that called aging? Are you implying skinny people don't get sick and die? I have seen skinny people who just don't have the immune system to be well...

It's no secret that being overweight and obese you are more likely to get certain illnesses, being old is a separate issue, not much you can do about that?

16 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

I think that's what I just alluded to (eating healthy). You can change your diet all you want but if you don't exercise much then the weight won't disappear very quickly. It's the combination of the two that get the best results. It isn't 90% diet tho. Closer to 60-40%.

Having been 'obese' in my past, I found that for me it is about 55/45, but you are correct. "You can't have the inhale without the exhale."

Edited by tkramer

The simplest way to lose weight (for me) was just to give up 'animal products' (and processed food). That greatly increases the fiber content in your diet. 

I went from just under 250 lbs. to 150 lbs. in just about a year. And 32 years later (today), 97% of my diet still does not include animal products.

But there is always some 'mindless being' that says...

"what about fish",

or "what about eggs",

or "what about cheese"...?

What about your education...?!!!

There are only two kinds of 'foods' on the planet...

'PLANT"...or...'ANIMAL'.

(I know about mushrooms and other fungus, thank you very much). 

32 years...!

Edited by tkramer
  • Thumbs Up 1

Another thing that works for me...I only eat 'one' meal a day. You choose. Your body absolutely does not need any more food than that.

Your body needs a minimum of 16 hours where you are not shoveling '<deleted>e' down your throat. There is no way it can heal if you keep it from it's essential house-cleaning/healing tasks. 

It's just 'simple science' and 'simple math'.  No complexities here.

Edited by tkramer
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

So, finally something you like about fat people? 

I have an interesting question for you.. would you rather I post it here or message it to you... 

who cares what scuba thinks about fat people?

keep your eyes on the prize. 

try to put effort into keeping your weight down for your own health.

13 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

So, finally something you like about fat people? 

I have an interesting question for you.. would you rather I post it here or message it to you... 

fat-shaming is not that simple.

I've seen many health coaches online. Many of them avoid fat-shaming, but some of them utilize fat-shaming as a tool to motivate their followers.

For exercise, try to walk or move around for 15-20 minutes or even 30 minutes after each meal.

It's not always feasible and very few people actually do it, but that's highly effective because the insulin shoots up after eating and the mild exercise after meals will bring the insulin down. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/18/2023 at 1:52 AM, save the frogs said:

fat-shaming is not that simple.

I've seen many health coaches online. Many of them avoid fat-shaming, but some of them utilize fat-shaming as a tool to motivate their followers.

personally, I am not that overweight nor sensitive to fat shaming... other than in respect to the few people who I know who are [or were] extremely obese. One of the smartest, kindest, most decent people I have ever known, was 450 lbs when I met him. He had a wife and 2 kids when he was early 20s and yet managed to work night shifts at a state run nursing home and put himself through school during the day... He had no $$ and so I bought him a custom made suit for $400 for his first job interview... he has been working as a psychologist at a prison for 25 years now and has lost enough weight to be down to 300 lbs.. He helps prisoners gain self respect. The prison guards hate him for the work he does as they prefer to look at the prisoners as animals. 

He used to have to go grocery shopping at 3 a.m. to avoid the abuse thrown at him. He is forever scarred by treatment he has received while he just tried to go about his day. 

It is for him and a couple of others I have known that I fight the openly fat shaming people on the forum. They don't seem to have the mental facilities to understand the depth of their cruelty. They are not 'coaches' trying to motivate - they are just mean spirited people who enjoy taking shots at defenseless and pained individuals... pouring salt in the wounds. 

3 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

They are not 'coaches' trying to motivate - they are just mean spirited people who enjoy taking shots at defenseless and pained individuals... pouring salt in the wounds. 

Ok, thanks for sharing that story.

It can be cruelty or abuse and that's not a good thing. 

Personally, I think gentle persuasion is enough. Then the person should be left alone.

Being a psychologist for prisoners sounds like a very challenging job! 

On 10/16/2023 at 3:12 AM, Swiss1960 said:

it helps reduce appetite and keeps your stomach full longer

As a person with perfect weight, the trick that has always worked for me is to eat much later in the day. Ideally around midday.

For drinking, stick to water or black coffee or ginger tea (with added cinnamon or nutmeg as required), making sure to avoid sugar, sugar substitutes, and dairy products.

You'll find that you simply won't get hungry. It is the sugar that initiates the hunger pangs, not the empty stomach.

Once you break the fast (aka having breakfast), gobble up anything you want in a 6-hour time frame). 

• Like 1

Let's talk about FAT...!

2.30 video...

You can't eat 'garbage'...and expect to take pill...!

Only a 'lazy idiot' would buy into that regime. 

You are...what you eat. Eat fat...get fat.

Today, there is not a Doctor MD in the world that would not tell you...that you have got to be eating ...'more fruits and vegetables'.

'Dan Buettner...Eating to 100...The Blue Zones.'

https://danbuettner.com/newsletter/

Edited by tkramer
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/16/2023 at 6:26 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Usually being overweight \ obese leads to health conditions eventually, no point pretending otherwise, normalising being fat won't help anyone

Overweight and obese are two totally different things. Of course, since you are an expert and a physician you know it all. Right?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Gaccha said:

As a person with perfect weight, the trick that has always worked for me is to eat much later in the day. Ideally around midday.

For drinking, stick to water or black coffee or ginger tea (with added cinnamon or nutmeg as required), making sure to avoid sugar, sugar substitutes, and dairy products.

You'll find that you simply won't get hungry. It is the sugar that initiates the hunger pangs, not the empty stomach.

Once you break the fast (aka having breakfast), gobble up anything you want in a 6-hour time frame). 

"As a person with perfect weight"... pretty much in love with yourself aren't you?

• Haha 1

On 10/17/2023 at 3:48 AM, tkramer said:

Another thing that works for me...I only eat 'one' meal a day. You choose. Your body absolutely does not need any more food than that.

Your body needs a minimum of 16 hours where you are not shoveling '<deleted>e' down your throat. There is no way it can heal if you keep it from it's essential house-cleaning/healing tasks. 

It's just 'simple science' and 'simple math'.  No complexities here.

Thank you wannabe doctor but you are wrong.

• Haha 1

On 10/16/2023 at 4:44 PM, Jelli said:

Lol

Couldn't outrun me that's certain. 40 pounds.. sheeeeit that half of my wife's weight.

Just bc someone has cholesterol levels a bit elevated is hardly death sentence like being fat. Especially if HDL is high.

Heart rate is important, I'll give you that

I'll be at the finish line telling you "I told you so". Quite arrogant you are not knowing who your competition would be.

"The most common Ozempic side effects are nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain and constipation. Serious Ozempic side effects include allergic reactions, changes in vision and pancreatitis. Ozempic has an FDA boxed warning for the risk of thyroid C-cell tumors."

And apparently these are just some of the side effects.

No other ailments but want to lose weight?

Eat less, exercise more perhaps?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Thailand said:

"The most common Ozempic side effects are nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain and constipation. Serious Ozempic side effects include allergic reactions, changes in vision and pancreatitis. Ozempic has an FDA boxed warning for the risk of thyroid C-cell tumors."

And apparently these are just some of the side effects.

No other ailments but want to lose weight?

Eat less, exercise more perhaps?

Sadly came to the same conclusion.

• Confused 1

I know a few people in Pattaya on these they had to go to Bangkok Hospital to see a Doctor and get a prescription.  They have lost weight, but complain about stomach pain.  As far as judging people about the potential dangers, how many desperate shoved 3 or 4 of those Covid vaccines into their arms without knowing much at all?

Fat people sorry, are kind of lazy with little will power, they seek a quick easy way out of their fatness.

2 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

"As a person with perfect weight"... pretty much in love with yourself aren't you?

I have met plenty of extremely obese expats who were deeply in love with themselves, so having the perfect weight, or observing that you have the perfect weight, is not a prerequisite for loving yourself nor a sign of loving the self.