If you were born in 2024 would you prefer to be male or female?

bignok

So funny all the comments about 'woke-ism' here. Does it really affect your lives so much, or do you just need to complain about something to fill your curmudgeonly days? It's not hard to ignore, especially in Thailand. I'm happy to call a katoey 'her' and a Tom 'him' if it makes them happy. No skin off my teeth.

As for the question:  I absolutely love women, but damn if I would ever want to be one anywhere anytime. Being a male is infinitely easier, physically and in society at large. I'm not a believer, but if I was, I would expect any and all deities to be male, as they have played a cruel trick on females.

Since the sole purpose of life is more life, doing the needful in the most pleasurable and efficient way possible is the way to go. My contribution to propagating my gene pool is a joyous act, one that I'm happy to practice as much as possible. Even if I succeed in getting sperm and egg together (I have no desire to do so), I'm effectively done at that point, unless I'm moral and responsible (which I hope I would be). The recipient of my fluid, however, is going to have her body out of control and irreparably damaged over the next 9 months, and the only saving grace is that her 'monthly visitor' goes on a hiatus for a while. Yes, her instincts are going to convince her it's a beautiful thing, and the little bundle of crying, pooping, peeing, vomiting, sleeping 'skills' is a wonder and supposedly lovable, which will help her get over post-partum depression....maybe.

Also, she is shut out of the mating game at a still young age. Few studly men want to bed a woman age 50 or more, unless it was 50 year old Sophia Loren, Raquel Welch or J Lo. That's a small universe of lucky women. I can go out for a short walk in Bangkok and see dozens of 50+ men as lucky, walking hand-in-hand with a lovely 20-something Thai female.

Nothing in this Universe is so unfair as biology. If offered a billion dollars to become a female and endure pregnancy, I would say ABSOLUTELY NOT.....and I do like money.

As for the 2 country choices---since male is a given---I'm not sure. Bangladesh is not so special, but fortunes change and maybe, at some point, Bangladesh will be on the rise. The UK seems to be in a death spiral and in decline, perhaps more than any other 'developed' nation. Historically, many nations have had their day, and then they faded into something between also ran and historical footnote. Greece, Portugal and Spain spring to mind. None is a bad place, but nobody would look at any of them and say "THAT is the place to make a run at success". Retirement, maybe, but not a springboard to major wealth and success. Sadly, the UK wouldn't even appeal as a retirement option.

Edited by Walker88
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Bunny Silverhand said:

You wish. Keep on dreaming, Narcissus :))

There are echoes of folks I hear when dining out al fresco, where sound travels well from table to table. The speakers fit a profile.

They go apoplectic about very minor issues like wokeism. Invariably these are guys who came to Thailand to 'live the dream', but soon found out paltry savings and a meager pension, along with a bloated waist from years of neglect and sloth, don't exactly scream 'babe magnet'. Some added a flame tattoo or a Maori Warrior tatt, thinking that might help, but it just looked silly when paired with a 100cm waist. Heaven forbid they'd cut back on the booze or hit the weight room.

Their own abject failure in life, plus all the problems of the world, are others' fault. Politically they turn to trump, because his utterly transparent facade, that tries to mask his woeful insecurity, fools them. They see a 'tough guy' who 'tells it like it is', when in point of fact he's a bloated coward. He gives them someone to blame, so they never have to take stock and admit their own inadequacies.

They long for a world of minimal competition, where 'women knew their place' and the white man still carried his Kipling-esque burden. It attacks their sense of self when women or minorities have infinitely more talents, plus a relentless ambition that leaves the wannabe babe magnets in the dust.

23 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Nothing in this Universe is so unfair as biology. If offered a billion dollars to become a female and endure pregnancy, I would say ABSOLUTELY NOT.....and I do like money.

I'm puzzled that you think pregnancy is a given with being female. For millions of women it is no longer top of their list of things to do. Just look at Japan or Singapore.

21 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Their own abject failure in life, plus all the problems of the world, are others' fault. Politically they turn to trump, because his utterly transparent facade, that tries to mask his woeful insecurity, fools them. They see a 'tough guy' who 'tells it like it is', when in point of fact he's a bloated coward. He gives them someone to blame, so they never have to take stock and admit their own inadequacies.

Just can't get Trump out of your head then? Just have to rant about him on a thread that has zero to do with him?

That's a bit sad, really!