Changing retirement extension from monthly transfer to money in the bank.

Currently doing retirement extension using the monthly income method and still bringing money in monthly.  Have had over 800,000 in the bank for the last three months and wish to switch to money in the bank method next month in HH. 

Is this possible for the upcoming November extension or must I wait till next year?

6 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Is this possible for the upcoming November extension or must I wait till next year?

You can change in November.

However just to cover any nonsense from immigration keep doing the monthly transfers until your Nov extension stamp is in the pp

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

You can change in November.

However just to cover any nonsense from immigration keep doing the monthly transfers until your Nov extension stamp is in the pp

Thanks for that quick response.

Do you know if CM will also do it as I have a condo there as well?

11 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Currently doing retirement extension using the monthly income method and still bringing money in monthly.  Have had over 800,000 in the bank for the last three months and wish to switch to money in the bank method next month in HH. 

Make the switch this year, but explain your plan to the immigration officials. If they want to claim any local rules, they should do so then, not in a year's time.

• Thanks 1

I hope all goes well.  I’ll be doing the same when I do my next extension this December here in Chiang Rai.

As a previous poster suggested, I am still bringing in 65k every month this year even though I’ve had the 800k in my account since July.