Israel uses white phosphorus shells on civilians

thaibeachlovers

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/human-rights-watch-says-israel-used-white-phosphorous-gaza-lebanon-2023-10-12/

Human Rights Watch said it verified videos taken in Lebanon on Oct. 10 and Gaza on Oct. 11 showing "multiple airbursts of artillery-fired white phosphorus over the Gaza City port and two rural locations along the Israel-Lebanon border".

White phosphorus is considered an incendiary weapon under Protocol III of the Convention on the Prohibition of Use of Certain Conventional Weapons. The protocol prohibits using incendiary weapons against military targets located among civilians, although Israel has not signed it and is not bound by it.

• Sad 3

9 minutes ago, stevenl said:

This discussion was held already in one of the other threads. Imo there doesn't seem to be much to the accusations.

The airbursts can be seen on VDO of the conflict. When I first saw that I thought they were using incendiaries ( though white phosphorus is itself an incendiary ).

If it was Hamas using it I'm sure your reaction would be different.

28 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The airbursts can be seen on VDO of the conflict. When I first saw that I thought they were using incendiaries ( though white phosphorus is itself an incendiary ).

If it was Hamas using it I'm sure your reaction would be different.

Just find the previous discussion.

• Like 2